Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone running the ford racing 'a201 mild' camshafts??

opinions...pros/cons? any losses in the low end?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
ditch the ford racing and go with crower 2's!! my atx loves em!

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
guy asks for any losses in low end and you tell him crower 2s. real smart. the fords gain across the board, not just high end. gains low and mid which is important period, moreso for an atx. and as for FR/crane's not makin power up top...hmm if ya wanna talk about that and peak hp (since thats all most kids look at), i do 140whp too. and i dont have a race header like most of the 5spd cars w/crower 2s makin those #s.

not to damn your choice, but to give such an off-base reply, sheesh. the zetec is a low end stump-pullin engine, dont use a cam thats gonna try and change that dynamic, doesnt work well. more critical w/an atx as well.

syn, while he's waitn for his cams to hit 4k, you'll be gone.

good luck,

-Ult

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
beautiful post, Ult. that's a Z, not a V at the beginning of our engines' name.

I've been looking for an FR stg 1 dyno forever, never thought to look on yoru homepage

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
guy asks for any losses in low end and you tell him crower 2s. real smart. the fords gain across the board, not just high end. gains low and mid which is important period, moreso for an atx. and as for FR/crane's not makin power up top...hmm if ya wanna talk about that and peak hp (since thats all most kids look at), i do 140whp too. and i dont have a race header like most of the 5spd cars w/crower 2s makin those #s.

not to damn your choice, but to give such an off-base reply, sheesh. the zetec is a low end stump-pullin engine, dont use a cam thats gonna try and change that dynamic, doesnt work well. more critical w/an atx as well.

good luck,

-Ult
thanks for the flame...i deserved it. i didn't bother reading his entire post.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

good luck,

-Ult
thanks for all the help ult and others........not to take sides, but i already did my research on the crower stage 2's (and others) and i've seen a lot of cons w/the crower's........as for the FR camshafts, seems like no one here has em or no one is fessin up (besides ult
) so, im gonna do some experimentation!
once i get em, i'll give my opinion(s).....like they say, "u wont know till u try"

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Damn! Ult is starting to get players on his FR Stage 1 team
C'mon broken Crower and Crane users - hasta la victoria siempre!!

·
Registered
5,446 Posts
SyNRG, there's one company whose stage 1 cams give craploads of low end torque as well, i wanna say Kent. IT's possible that thes are the guys making the FR camshafts since I know the FR's are just repackaged aftermarket guys.

Also, depending on how your install goes, I might join you as the second ATX stg. 1 guy...after full intake, exhaust, and tranny upgrades.

mmmm...pipedreams...beautiful things.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
FR has some business relations w/crane, not kent. thats why there cams are almost identical in each stage. even if kent was tied in to FR, why would pay 500bux for their cams (their price)? their cams are too big for most of our purposes anyway.

-Ult

1 - 14 of 14 Posts