Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went back to the Dyno with a few new parts added.We added an SVT header and Bosal Flexpipe and we made our own short pipe to connect them.

Ford Racing Head unported unmilled out of the box
BBK TB
Ford Racing CAI
FS Cool Flow
Cat Cams Stage 2
Ford Racing Cam Gears
MBRP 2 1/4" Exhaust
Ford Racing UDP
Stock MAF
Diablo Sport Chip
Stock Early model intake manifold UNPORTED
Ford Racing Plug Wire (We did try other wires and there was no difference in power)

With above mods before Header and Flexpipe
136 HP and 142 Ft Lbs

We added the SVT header and Bosal Flexpipe
155HP and 152 FT Lbs

This was a very good gain. This header might make it to the market with EGR fitting and added pipe or HIGH Flow Cat.

We knew last week there was something missing and we found it. So it doesn't need compression to make HP but when we do raise it we will see more gains.

[ 02-02-2003, 07:37 AM: Message edited by: Yel900rr ]

·
Registered
987 Posts
What could one exspect if they p and p'd the head, and ported the intake or even better ported the FR intake.........
guessing another 8-10hp increase in power?

are you guys going to look into working with the compression levels?

·
Registered
542 Posts
Very nice gains! Keep up the good work. Ray would it be possible for you to send me a copy of that dyno sheet. You can PM it to me or e-mail it to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

·
Registered
658 Posts
yeah...come on...dyno sheets...where is the proof man
way to go guys. you going to let me drive it at cecil this year??? rock on...

·
Registered
11,123 Posts
Nice! I thought all it needed was a header!

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have all the sheets I just need them scanned. I have all three dyno's from start to finish. We will be adding compression and doing more work with thios head and more from Ford Racing. This head is already ported and and CNC polished. There is more potential from this head for flow rates but we are trying to make as much as we can for as little as we can. I think the SVT header is a good piece for TQ and HP. Ford Racing wanted to see how it worked so it went on.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Originally posted by djwirfel:
yeah...come on...dyno sheets...where is the proof man
way to go guys. you going to let me drive it at cecil this year??? rock on...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">MAYBE

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
ray,

watch that power steering line w/that header!!!

gj man, i was gonna come up, but i had some prior commitments, prolly b up monday.

-Ult

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
what did u do, custom line? wrap? what did u do 4 o2 and egr.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Slightly relocated.Blocked off.Welded new in.

·
Registered
838 Posts
ford racing doesn't advertise any gains do they?

is it kinda here's the part see what it does or "up to" X hp like a k&N comercial?

because you had a large amount of mods and didn't get very much in return for the total investment of the head alone. but it did take even more parts to find the hp. hard to say how much was the header and how much was the head now also.

it seems you need a lot of small parts,and laber with milling to make this one very costly part perform.
i'm almost positive my pulley kit or cat back exhaust gained 4whp

what i'm trying to say is does ford racing or anyone know what this head will gain on a stock car or is everything else way to restricted?

this isn't anything against you or fr i'm still debating on buying a head or getting new cams/valve train + head work done on my stock one. from a shop near me.

also it makes me wonder about the "up to" 16 hp gains i see around for the intake manifold

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I would start with getting the bolt ons first and build into a cylinder head. Modifyyourfocus has all the bolt ons and he makes very good power. No ported head will work without other mods to either the head (milling) or a combination of boltons. Building HP is a combination of parts not just one part.

I wouldn't buy the FR head unless you have the rest of the parts to go with it or you know you are going to build into it.

For the power our car has add up the cost. It makes good power for the money spent.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by Focaltech01:
Very nice gains! Keep up the good work. Ray would it be possible for you to send me a copy of that dyno sheet. You can PM it to me or e-mail it to me, I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sent a copy of the Dyno sheet to you.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Originally posted by Yel900rr:

This was a very good gain. This header might make it to the market with EGR fitting and added pipe or HIGH Flow Cat.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Ray, are you saying you will sell svt header, with the added pipe/added pipe with high flow cat in it?
That would be awesome, since lot's of people actually don't want to loose the cat. And gains from the svt header are very nice, mainly tq numbers, and that's what makes fun driving.
Well I just would say that it would be great if you did this (offer a package with SVT header) Also price wise it should be very competetive.
Best regards, and take care!

1 - 20 of 47 Posts