Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been unable to find a lot of information on FR cams, cam sprockets and header. I realize they are expensive, But I would imagine that dealer warranty problems occur less often as well as fit and finish are above par. I'm on the verge of purchasing all three mods, what type of gains can I expect with little or no previos mods? Is there a cheaper alternative that would help me avoid dealer problems as well as fit and finish? Previous links have indicated that (0,0) are the correct settings. I want a clean, non modified look about my car. One last question, wouldn't it be easier to purchase the new head from FR that everone has been referring to in previous posts? I would imagine that install labor would be less if done at the same time.
Thank you for your input

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Dealer labor is incredibly expensive.

get the right tools, and you can do all of that done in a day.

In general I would compare the prices to the prices of our sponsors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Shiva,
Thank you for your response, I woulnd't actually take it to the dealer, I was just concerned about problems with warranty work when I had to go to the dealer. I have a little local shop who had always treated me fairly. I appreciate your input.

·
Registered
375 Posts
Talked to Tony at www.newedgeperformance.com this morning. He will be carrying Ford Racing Headers in the very near future. He was saying how they come with all kinds of goodies, including heat shielding for hood, lines etc, extra mount points and more.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
I have the ford racing shorty header (i seem to be the only one with one) But mine warped on me or soemthing. The inner runner is touching part oh the head near the valve cover drivers side area. When it did what it did i get a nasty exhaust leak when the engine is cold. After 2 min of driving the noise is gone. But im still going to take it off and re torq everything and all, and use somekind of gasket making goo.

·
Registered
2,517 Posts
Here is a pic of the whole kit installed. Heat stuff on the hood and the lines infront of the header.

Here is the kit new out of the box. Comes with everyting needed, new gaskets bolts, everyting! Its not that shiny anymore, but does have a little shine to it. Its Jet Hot coated so its a damm good coating. Plus the header is stainless so no rust to worry about ever.

·
Registered
9 Posts
all the parts are avaliable and very similar to other brands, for a show car i would stay all same brands on the visible stuff atleast.
cams i recomend crower stage 2 or some good regrinds possibly go with someone reputable like gude

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Nick,
You've been very helpful, thanks for the pics. I just get the feeling that FR products don't receive a lot of attention, there have been very few links about the products except the new head. It's nice to know that I'm not the only one buying FR products. By the way, I used to live in Lake Mary, still miss race week.

·
Registered
662 Posts
buckeye,
What sort of information are you looking for on the Ford Racing camshafts? I have the specs as they are published in the Ford Racing catalog on the product pages on my website. See the [Focus] Engine Performance Products section. Depending what other mods you have done or will do the car, you want to decide on stage 1, 2, or 3 cams.

The street header is a very good products, as Nick has mentioned, it comes with all the right stuff.

I'm not sure your Ford Dealer is going to cut you any slack just because you go with Ford Racing products however. If they want to be a pain in the butt, the don't much care who's aftermarket products you have on your car.

BTW, 2003 Ford Racing catalogs are out

[ 11-21-2002, 10:35 PM: Message edited by: myFordPerformance.com ]

1 - 10 of 10 Posts