Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I picked up a ranger MAF for like $70 cdn (approx 2 rocks US) and I was wondering if either the Apexi S-afc or the MAFterburner would be able to cure any problems I might encounter with air fuel mixture. I realise that I will be spending more then it would cost just to buy the recalibrated Pro-Flow Maf, but I like the idea of being able to fine tune my settings depending on what mods I perform in the future.

Anyone? Thanks in advance

·
Registered
46 Posts
Good Question! I also Would like to know.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Putting a ranger maf will trigger the cel light if you don't have a cheater for your o2 sensor or a custom chip program. After that, a afc will do the trick, only if you know how to tune it, the mafterburner I think is good too. Now with the ranger maf you'll run richer, so in my case I plan to get one of those demon coils from Tony D at newedge.

Hope this helps.

Miguel

·
Registered
836 Posts
If you have a laptop then the Mafterburner is the best way to go. You shouldn't need to get a custom chip with the mafterburner(i think).

·
Registered
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No laptop here, but I do have access to one when I need to tune, Im thinking I may go with the MAFterburner +plus cuz I like the idea of being able to toggle between two settings on the fly

AND.... Sean Hyland is only an Hour from my house

1 - 7 of 7 Posts