Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK quick question for everyone here with some knowledge about Ford's wonderful service department. On the SVT Focus's front bumper, there is a black plastic/rubber lip. Now to make a long story short, to no fault of my own its no longer there. I was getting on the freeway and heard a banging sound, similar to a flat tire. I pulled over and noticed one side of the lip had torn off of the bumper. Now I diddnt want to drive around with this thing hanging off my car and banging against my bumper and I was on the freeway with no tools, so I just ripped it the rest of the way off. Now this dealership is telling me there not going to replace it because it has scratches on it and it looks like i hit something. My response was well of course its going to have scratches on it, thats why its so flexible so it doesnt break when you park against a curb or something. Any ideas/opinions on what Ford should do with this?

·
Registered
1,160 Posts
Have you spoken to the service manager yet? Or just to the service advisor that was assigned to you?
You have to start talking to people's bosses if they are not meeting your needs as a customer.

·
Registered
883 Posts
That's a tough situation to be in and I'm totally on your side, unfortuantly I don't think you're going to get one for free through Ford. Are there any flaws inside the wheel well where the lip screws into? (i.e. - Hole being too big or cracking where the hole is?)

·
Registered
50 Posts
I would create a big stink!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Talk to the service manager and work your way up the ladder
there is no reason they should not fix that.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think thats what I am going to do. All I have talked to is the guy whose in charge of my car today. I left the service manager a message about an hour ago but when I get down there I am going to raise hell. I'll keep you updated. Also I am getting the new ECU flash - hopefully. I'll let you all know what I think of it...

·
Registered
426 Posts
I am not so sure Ford should replace it for free.

You may have actually hit something or weakened it when scraping a curb.

I just don't see it flying off without some sort of incident.

They run about $60 bucks or so.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts