Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1,131 Posts
Re: Ford\'s T-Bird gets the axe

Why not just kill it now why wait until 05 or 06? Do the expect things to get better?? Either way I wasn't a fan.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts

I thought it was pretty cool as a "Niche" car.
I wouldn't have one, but it had potential as a Boulevard Cruiser/Sunday driver.
Oh well, maybe that'll leave some more $$$$ for Focus Performance development.
CNN Headline News has been mentioning this as well.

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts

If that is the case.... future collectible!

Just like the Blackwood.

·
Registered
1,273 Posts

Well, it's kind of like this:

Ford declares they arn't going to sell anymore after a certain point because they are selling badly.

Sales suddenly increase for the remainder of it's life.

The end.

PS Anyone been watching Ford stock latlely? Up over 20% in the last week. Those profits have done their stock price good.

·
Registered
130 Posts

I think it's a great design. The interior was a huge dissapointment though.

And the $10,000 "limited availability" mark-up the dealers were adding probably didn't help anyone that was on the fence about buying one.

·
Registered
3,081 Posts

The car is sweet. I've driven one and they are a great ride. I love the interior BTW, but that's just me.

The way I read it, the car was only meant for a few years production run anyway. The dealerships didn't help with all of the mark up but then again, who were they to know a war was coming? The car was in hot demand before it went on sale, I remember people calling all the time wanting to put money on one.

Ford meant it to be a collectible, that;s why the porduction number was limited to 25K per year. If less than 100K new 'Birds built think about what they'll be worth 20 years from now?

·
Registered
3,666 Posts

Originally posted by JasonsSvtFocus:
I'm sorry to see it go.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I'll (thunderbird will) be back ! Well thats what they are saying

G

·
0 Posts

The Accountant at work has a Bond edition T-Bird. Her tranny went out on her in the first month. Ford is claiming that this is a first for them and are basically babying her. they also told her today that in order to do her oil change they needed a couple of days as there is only 1 oil filter in the whole country left.

·
Registered
233 Posts

I call BS. I work at a dealership and we sell them like crazy. Something isn't quite right. Everyone we have sold the owner loves and we have had 0 problems.

they also told her today that in order to do her oil change they needed a couple of days as there is only 1 oil filter in the whole country left.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Tell her to go to a different dealer. This is crap. The oil filter is not unique to the T-bird.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Originally posted by 02SVTFOCUS:
that's funny baby, cuz we were just talking about how few of them we had seen n stuff the other day. maybe someone was listening to us ...hmm....
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I know, huh?

·
Registered
303 Posts

Originally posted by pk_lonestar:
Fire J Mays, he's the worst thing to happen to Ford in a long time.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yet you start a post praising the GT he designed. And the new Mustang sucks too, right?

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts

never did like the new T-bird. the top on it looks like crap. thank god its removable. wish I'd been able to drive one though, so I could make a better judgement.

·
Registered
233 Posts

never did like the new T-bird. the top on it looks like crap. thank god its removable. wish I'd been able to drive one though, so I could make a better judgement.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Driving one is the key. Once you drive one you will never bash them again. They are incredible.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts

I drove one. awesome car. Totally gets the looks. I wish the finish on the t-bird translated to all Ford cars.

Totally fun to drive and got the hotties lookin.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts