·
Registered
3,410 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Re: Forza Motorsport 4 - Coming Fall 2011

I cant wait to see it in action...

Hopefully I am triple screened when it ships. ;)

:edit:

I think this is an "in action" screen...

But that could be the koolaide talking.. :p

Then again...

:lol:

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Let's talk Forza 4

Well, Turn 10 released a trailer for the 2010 Spike VGA's.

From what i've been hearing they'e really going to try and make the cars totally explorable. i.e you can look under the hood, open doors and trunk etc etc.

Also a thing that I also heard is that they are going to try and model visually working suspension under the cars. Just like they did for the tire deformation.

I guess we can talk about our wants and what we'd ideally like to see the next installment of what has otherwise been our most popular and successful game here on Focaljet.

Here's the premiere of the official Forza Motorsport 4 trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/708345.html

Oh and not be outdone by GT5.. There's been rumours of Top Gear and the Top Gear track taking a role in the game. I don't have a link or anything, but apparently the lads from Top Gear are also rumoured to be doing the voice work and some showcase videos on the manufacturers in the game itself. Again, this is just rumour work and speculation that i've heard myself within the industry. Do not quote me exactly :)

·
Registered
736 Posts
Re: Let's talk Forza 4

REPOST

:lol:

·
Registered
2,150 Posts

Sweet! And a fall 2011 release date makes it soooo much better :D

The only thing I would really like to see added is maybe some random weather tossed in. Racing in the rain or even snow could be a lot of fun.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts

Did anyone hear the clank from that gauntlet hitting the floor.

Question is. Will we be able to paint our wheels white at at last?

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts

Why does this video have to be released when I'm visiting dad and only have access to a computer with 256mb of ram and a 13" CRT? It's like watching stop-motion...

As with all T10's initial videos for each installment of Forza, I'm sure this is 100% rendered and recorded video. The difference between the pre-rendered Forza Kinect video (on stage) and the Kinect demo (backstage) was easy to spot, though the lighting was still clearly superior to FM3. I'm more interested though in what they chose to show and what it may mean. This will bit T10 in the ass though because a vido like this leads to speculation and wishlisting. They should release a list of features they know 100% wil be in the game, then as they get more done, add those. That way instead of being dissapointed, people think they're getting extras.

That said, onto speculation and wishlisting... I do hope they make all the car's fully explorable when the game launches. Exporting the models into PC games has shown that the cars with pop-up lights all have the lights fully modeled. Also the hoods, doors and covers for rear engine cars are also all modeled. Most importantly, cars with active aero have the aero properly modeled. It doesn't work in FM3 but simple programing has allowed it to be deployed after exporting the cars into games like Shift on the PC.

Things that I find important in the video:

-Rolling clouds - Animated skyboxes?
-They show alot of the off-the-track aspect of racing - hopefully this means working pits
-Close-up of tire sidewall - Tire sidewall modeling includes little "hairs" poking off sidewall?
-Lots of night shots, as well as sun rising behind GT - Realtime clock with full time of day effects including night racing?
-Aston on the salt flats - Salt flats available to race on? It was seen in the kinect video as well. What better way to measure top speed than on the salt flats?
-Viper on runway - Top Gear test track? Tire smoke confirmed?
-Old 300ZX hitting the mud - Maybe several rally classes?
-Open wheel race car with visible suspension - Confirmed?
-Car racing across that really long bridge in Florida - That bridge confirmed? Another top speed track maybe?
-Evo on mountain road surrounded by snow - Weather confirmed?
-Bull and Snake - Roadkill confirmed?
-Several in-****pit shots of driver - Replaced driver made of legos with no feet confirmed?
-F1 car noises - You can hear these in the first screen of FM3 too, it means nothing.

Now prepare for dissapointment (though not nearly on the same level as GT5... hopefully)

·
baker of shartmuffinz
2,569 Posts

yah a couple of those shots were from top gear usa

the nissan 300zx that tanner drove
the viper with tanner at the wheel
the aston martin on the salt flats with rutledge wood
the evo

i hope the recreate all of those tracks or i call bull**** with this video that its nothing about the next forza

·
Where is my @#$ antenna?!
4,107 Posts

T10 always shows complete bull**** before the dissapointing truth leaks out. Don't you remember dancing cars? The fully rendered bull**** video from two E3s ago? Complete with working lights (not in final release), working aero (not in final release, detailed vehicle bottos (not in final game), tire smoke (barely in final game), high quality reflection inclusding other on screen cars (only on hood of car in hood view in final game), track that looks like Kaido but clearly is not, looks more like it's in Brazil (Kaido in final game not nearly that detailed)

This new video was really nothing surprizing, hence all the sarcasm in y initial post :lol:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts

yah a couple of those shots were from top gear usa

the nissan 300zx that tanner drove
the viper with tanner at the wheel
the aston martin on the salt flats with rutledge wood
the evo

i hope the recreate all of those tracks or i call bull**** with this video that its nothing about the next forza
Might as well call BS now. 99% of that video was hype machine at it's finest. The only shots of the game was the Ford GT (My previous post about that racing scene was wrong).

BUT... that does not mean that Forza 4 will be some sparse rehash of Forza 3 with night driving and Kinect exploration as it's main draws... Just the scuttlebutt from the FM3 omissions is enough to have me leaning forward in my seat, eagerly awaiting when the actual screens and details are released.

Yes it is Fanboi-ish but it is with good reason. The best advice I can and will give everyone about this up coming game. Don't subscribe to the hype. You will be disappointed.

Why am I all hyped up?
It's simple...

A new game to play with the soon to be mine Fanatec GT2 Clubsport. ;)

·
Faster than a Cobra
16,008 Posts

I hope they actually make a better RACING game this time. It's fine if they want cars to be fully explorable, but give us options for racing.

Give us ****ing pit stops where you can actually make setup changes to use for strategy when racing online. Jesus, it's not that hard!

Turn 10 will start focusing on the WRONG things like Polyphony started to do many years ago and make a game that the true fans bitch about but the majority will think is great.

Sad. :(

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Discussion Starter #20

Here's a thought on all of the things that ended up on the cutting room floor for FM3 that were shown in previews. I obviously wasn't really following the development of FM3 at all (didn't own a 360 until this spring), but is it possible that those were things that were being worked on, but not finished, so they cut them and released the game to stick to their release date? Instead of infinitely delaying it a la GT5? Take the night racing and weather out, keep them in development, and release the rest as FM3? Thus giving them 2 more years to keep working on the night racing and weather without it delaying the entire franchise? Just a thought, like I said, I wasn't around during the FM3 development. But having said that, I am now what T10 would consider a "Forza Faithful" and am excited for this game and will be purchasing it on release date for sure.

1 - 20 of 3063 Posts