Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 397 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Believe it or not, the first bit of FM5 news has hit the net before tomorrows Next Generation Xbox reveal.

Microsoft trademarked "Forzavista". :lol:

http://www.joystiq.com/2013/05/20/microsoft-trademarks-forzavista/

It's enough of a reason to get the ball rolling on the banter thread, especially seeing that the big shebang is happening tomorrow.

So if nothing else, this is a place holder.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
So all indications are that Turn 10/Forza will have a prominent place in the unveiling of the new XBOX, right? Definitely excited, hoping to see some ridiculous things tomorrow.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I don't really care what they have to say unless it's two words...

MORE TRACKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Heh...

They need to add not just new tracks, but every track that has ever been in Forza, make the Nordschleife a spitting image of the course today, and then connect the Nordschleife and Nurburgring GP for me not to complain about tracks. Just adding Bathurst, Spa and a new track they thought up isn't going to do it.

This time around, I am not going to be gung-ho about buying car packs. I will get the ones I want Al'a Carte. If that option is removed then I most likely will not be getting car packs. There wasn't one car pack where I felt I "had" to have all the cars in it. I think things will be the same with the new game.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Laxatives???

They started pumping out man made bull dung for cheap. It's 99% corn and 1% sulfur, but it's way cheaper than feed and water for an actual bull.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Forza 5 confirmed as a launch title, but I joined the party just a hair too late to see it. Looks like I will have to go back and find it online.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I can't see it at the job. Darn internet block and 3G cellphone streaming is not available.
I bet it looks pretty nice.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Forza 5 trailer features the Radio LeMans announcing crew. Looks like a new environment as well. Once I get home I will post the trailer, it is up on Youtube.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
I will admit the game looks gorgeous. However, pixels only distract people for so long.

Have they actually addressed any of the issues that people have been demanding since Forza 4 launched?

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I suppose you guys should have some screenshots.
Yup. I still feel the same.

Forza has always had a non-realistic look to it. FM5 looks to continue that trend.

Don't get me wrong, it looks fabulous, but it doesn't look real to me.

And for some reason, I get the feeling I am looking at PGR rather than Forza.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I will admit the game looks gorgeous. However, pixels only distract people for so long.

Have they actually addressed any of the issues that people have been demanding since Forza 4 launched?
I bet they stop at Night, Rain & Fog, and City tracks. As for the during race annoyances like sticky sand, qualifying and pit stops, Dan Greenawalt will say some $%&# like "That's not what the players wanted. We looked at this data and seen that they hate damage, so we removed that. We eliminated sticky sand by getting rid of run off areas. Now the tracks are completly walled in. Did you see Forzavista yet?"

Yeah... I can hardly wait. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Though, to be fair if ForzaVista is like the Photo Location mode in GT4-5 but with the ability to open the hood and doors then it's a cool feature.

One cool feature stil isn't enough to convince me to want to buy an entirely new system when I've spent close to $300 in order to play Forza 4. In fact I'm still miffed they just stopped developing for the game. There are still plenty of people playing on a regular basis to warrant offering a track pack DLC.

And with the city backgrounds from the screen shots I really have to wonder if this isn't just Project Gotham Racing 6, by Turn10 Studios.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I also read that no current XB360 peripherals will swap over (i.e. steering wheels), nor will the XBONE have standard definition outputs (HD only). I'm planning on buying a 40" or so HDTV later this summer, so I suppose that won't end up being an issue, but perhaps an issue none-the-less since a LOT of people still play on SDTV's.

1 - 20 of 397 Posts