Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 317 Posts

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well this is off to an early start. FM6 already has a cover car, and this time it is one that is adorned with a familar Blue oval. Yes, the new Ford GT will be the car on the cover of the next installment of Forza Motorsports.

Microsoft and Ford Unveil Ford GT as the Cover Car for "Forza Motorsport 6" Debuting Exclusively on Xbox One
Ford's new line of performance vehicles will star in Microsoft's newest and most advanced racing game

DETROIT – Jan. 12, 2015 – Microsoft, Turn 10 Studios and Ford unveiled their new collaboration today at the North American International Auto Show, announcing the all-new Ford GT ultra-high performance supercar as the featured cover car in the next iteration of the acclaimed racing simulation franchise for Xbox, "Forza Motorsport 6," launching exclusively on Xbox One.

The GT serves as a technology showcase for Ford with its ultra-efficient EcoBoost engine performance, advanced aerodynamics and lightweight carbon fiber construction. It begins arriving in dealerships in select markets globally late next year.

In addition, the companies revealed that Ford's performance vehicle line-up will appear in "Forza Motorsport 6." This includes the GT, Shelby® GT350 Mustang and F-150 Raptor debuted by Ford earlier today at the auto show. As "First in Forza" vehicles, global fans will have the opportunity to virtually experience the cars when they debut in "Forza Motorsport 6," available exclusively for Xbox One.

"It is an honor to share this historic moment with Ford and celebrate the legacy of the GT by making it the featured cover car of 'Forza Motorsport 6,'" said Phil Spencer, Head of Xbox. "We're thrilled to have the unique opportunity to announce 'Forza Motorsport 6' the day the car debuts – on one of the biggest stages in the automotive industry, and we can't wait to share more details on the game later this year."

"Forza Motorsport," developed exclusively for Xbox, is the highest-rated racing series of the past decade, according to Metacritic. Developed by Microsoft's Turn 10 Studios, the series combines the industry's leading next-gen graphics and simulation engines and has become the most played next generation racing simulation on Xbox One.

"The Ford GT is the ultimate execution of an enthusiast supercar, delivering ultra-efficient EcoBoost performance, driver-centric technology and lightweight carbon fiber construction," said Raj Nair, Ford group vice president, Global Product Development. "Working with Microsoft and Turn 10 Studios allows us to share our all-new GT supercar with an unprecedented global audience, giving fans an opportunity to virtually experience the beauty, thrill and innovation of Ford's performance line-up."

A pioneer of the global automotive industry, Ford is a leader in innovation. GT showcases material and technology innovations to help better serve drivers, such as active aerodynamics, lightweighting with a carbon-fiber passenger cell and carbon-ceramic brake discs and a next-generation EcoBoost engine that produces more than 600 horsepower.

"Just as Ford has pushed the boundaries of car technology in GT, 'Forza Motorsport 6' will embrace that spirit of innovation as our most technically advanced racing simulation to date, offering a fun and realistic automotive experience for both car lovers and gamers," said Dan Greenawalt, creative director at Turn 10 Studios. "We're excited to unveil gameplay at E3 in June."

More details on "Forza Motorsport 6" and Ford GT news can be found at news.xbox.com and media.ford.com, respectively. Media assets for "Forza Motorsport 6" can be found at news.xbox.com/media.
E3 in June is when you'll be able to see Forza 6... Well a vertical slice of it, I guess. It shouldn't disappoint.

So there, you have it. Forza 6 has been officially announced.

I can't wait to see it. Hopefully I will be joining you guys and gals on the tarmaq, and not sending a Driveatard to do my bidding. Sorry about that, to anyone who encountered that idiot. :D

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sigh...
Can we move on, please?

I appreciate history, but lets stop living in the past.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
You win. :D
Here are some of the want's I want. The list gets angrier as it goes on. You've been warned. :lol:

• I hope it has more wheels, and changes in wheel width doesn't cause the brakes to move inboard. Perhaps we can get some real poke and stretch happening, without needing to use a glitch to create the effect.
  • I want some sort of suspension in place on all cars where this happens...
  • All possible configurations of whatever road course that is in the game. I would want the option to run Lasarthe with only one chicane active, or run the Motorcycle route at Suzuka, or the Chicane bypasses at Silverstone, or the old Catalunya routes, or the Sebring escape route as the course...
  • Rain and night.
  • The old Fujimi Kaido as arranged in FM1. That was 7-9 minutes of hillclimb bliss, not the tourist loop that was reintroduced in FM3...
  • Bring back the knockoff Forza 1 circuits too. Even though I appreciate the heavy reliance on real circuits, Alpine Ring, Rio Dejenerio, Tokyo, Blue Moutains, and Pacific Ship Yards were fun in their own right.
  • Why can't cars race with high camber and stiff suspensions? The BTCC does it all the time, but it's impossible on Forza?
  • Fuel useage tire wear, and races long enough for these to be factors.
  • Flat spotting on tires.
  • Catastrophic engine failure from too ambitious engine builds... Or some level of engine wear and tear beyond missing shifts. Perhaps staying to high in the revs will accelerate something failing or wearing out more.
  • Something that walks the players through the basics of tuning. Something to illustrate why to adjust something and what to look for in the results.
  • A career with something that resembles an actual racing career, not being led by the nose into a bunch of event's that I don't have any interests in. (Top Gear stunts... MEH!)
  • A Top gear section where you can do their stunts, that isn't mixed in the potpourri event's list.
  • Drifting events in it's own section. Why hasn't this happened yet?
  • The return of non track P2P. Pacific Shipyards was a great race circuit. I know Horizon has this in droves, but it did start on ForzaMotorsport.
  • The ability to send challenges to friends/Rivals. I message someone in game... "Hey RedZed, Can you beat this lap of Camino Viejo in this car?" The message supplies the car and the course, and beating it you get the prize that I put up.
  • No UNICORNS whatsoever! If Turn 10 want's to gift out something special, how about locked Liveries or unique builds. Just don't separate rare cars and use them as lures to join social media contests.
  • Unique cars should take some in game effort to get. They should be a badge of honor for doing something in the game. And acquiring them should be tired to an achievement.
  • The option to turn off sticky grass should be given in private lobbies. If it's a "play the way you want to "sand box"", then why is that nanny non defeatable?
  • Night racing! It's more than overdue, it's a ******* requirement!
  • Rain... See night racing.
  • Drop your stance on racing wheels Microsoft. You aren't helping anyone with your draconian stance in this area.

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts
  • Why can't cars race with high camber and stiff suspensions? The BTCC does it all the time, but it's impossible on Forza?
  • Catastrophic engine failure from too ambitious engine builds... Or some level of engine wear and tear beyond missing shifts. Perhaps staying to high in the revs will accelerate something failing or wearing out more.
  • A career with something that resembles an actual racing career, not being led by the nose into a bunch of event's that I don't have any interests in. (Top Gear stunts... MEH!)
  • The ability to send challenges to friends/Rivals. I message someone in game... "Hey RedZed, Can you beat this lap of Camino Viejo in this car?" The message supplies the car and the course, and beating it you get the prize that I put up.
  • Unique cars should take some in game effort to get. They should be a badge of honor for doing something in the game. And acquiring them should be tired to an achievement.
  • The option to turn off sticky grass should be given in private lobbies. If it's a "play the way you want to "sand box"", then why is that nanny non defeatable?
I agree with a bunch of these and, at the risk of sounding like a spoiled child, will gladly add my own...

- Catastrophic ANYTHING failure. I've been wanting engine failures for a while now or at least something a little more unexpected that could put you out of a race. How about an OVERHAUL option that you have to purchase to keep your race engine pristine? There will always be the choice of turning simulation damage off, of course. I bet the drag racers would agree with this one.

- Boost controllers. This is based on my desire to build a 1,500hp Gallardo TT. It also goes back to engine failures. If I want to turn my boost all the way up and risk grenading my engine, so be it.

- Certain cars should be unattainable until you play for a while. I WANT to start off driving a Fiesta and I DON'T WANT to be able to own a McLaren P1 in the first week of playing. I enjoy the struggle of racing to purchase one part to give the car just a little more performance. That way each car and its performance upgrades mean something.

- Bring back the realistic economy. If I win a Ferrari in a race and want to sell it, it should be worth at least part of the new sale price, not 100 credits. Same goes for Auction House purchases. Rewards should feel like rewards.

- Parts prices should be realistic. Coilovers on a Lambo cost a lot more than a Focus just as a full titanium exhaust would cost more than a SS catback. Also, if I want to reduce weight, I should only be charged PI and not money. Didn't cost me a dime to strip the rear seats out of my Focus.

- I haven't played FM5 yet, but I want the social aspect present in FM4. I want car clubs, I want Rivals mode. In fact, I would love a Rivals mode FOR car clubs. This comes from my fond memories of us absolutely wrecking LMG in the Focus vs. Lotus series.

- The little blurb above says the game is supposed to be more technical. Let's see it! Moar tuning options! Moar aero options! Dare I say widebody kits even. The top time attack cars have all this stuff.

- Cars to show their mods while in the garage. If I set the front camber to -6°, you should see the wheel ****ed out. Same with any other visual mods. I assume they did this in FM5, because they got it mostly right (except the excessive stock brake grooving) in FM4.

- Dirt. I want my racecar to get dirty. I also want to be able to pay to clean it off like in the early Gran Turismo games.

EDIT:

- Preview tunes before you buy them online. This way there's no "top 100s" claiming tunes with 22" Giovanni wheels on them.

- Storefront message boards. I want to be able to give people a heads-up on what's coming next or give them a general idea about my SF items.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
You forgot something really important on both lists and I've been saying we need this from the beginning. (Well, Forza2 was the beginning for me)

Pit Brawls!

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
If I challenge you to a pit brawl, don't pull an Alex Taglianni and keep the helmet on. Please go full Paul Tracy.

:lol:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Oh yeah... Popular music for menus. Hell partner with Pandora and let us listen to internet radio during the menus or during the game... The "Epic" soundtrack in FM5 got the off switch treatment at the first opportunity.

And the Build an drivatard events should be optional like they were in FM1.

Lose the "Splash" race. I want to go straight to career, I dont need to have a taste of all that Forza offers. Its damn confusing!

Never pre tune anything! If I buy a car that is too slow or out classed, then so be it. If you're really concerned with me losing races because I dont have enough power, then why not give me better options to begin with?

Storefronts that tracks sales of items even after they have been removed from your active sales. If you shelve a design, and then rehost it, you should be able to see how many you sold in total.

Condensing decals into one item.

Club Tuning/Painting. Uses a message board to list and track cars being painted or tuned by request, within a Car club.

Decal logos for car club. Create a Logo for your club in the decal editor, allow it to be used within the car club as long as you are a member.

Tuning notes. Shows what's been adjusted for the past 5 tunes and shows the baseline settings or tune settings you loaded.

Car club calendar / race schedule. Tells of events, rules, built cars or schematics, rival teams and standings for events. Sort of a multiplayer manager for car clubs.

Club rival events. The same as a challenge like I listed earlier, but the entire club can participate, or teams within each club can compete. All club members from the two clubs can see the standings. Each club gets the prize that the other club puts up.

Club cars that aren't owned by any one player. If a club wins a car, it goes in the club garage. Every club player can use it, but no club member owns it. It can be given from the club to a specific club member through popular vote.

Players can still share cars in their own collections

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
This, combined with the new price drop to $349, along with getting a roommate so I can save money, will finally see me switch to next-gen sometime this summer. I should be in good shape to get FM6 on Launch Day. I need a TV first though (still on an old analog tube TV, need to make the HD switch). Any recommendations for a decent HDTV under around $350? I don't need huge, 42" would probably be plenty, but I am still on a budget.

·
SCHMEELENDORF!
436 Posts

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
Only two HDMI inputs. I would probably have my 360, XBone, and hopefully an HD digital cable receiver when I do this. I would like something with 4 probably if I could.

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
Since I'm a pessimist, let me be myself.

Judging from the marginalization of console gaming, I don't have very high hopes that T10 will deviate from the trend they've already started. They'll aim for the lowest common denominator and let the rest "deal" with it.

If you really want to do some sim racing, forget the consoles altogether and build yourself a PC. Yes it is more expensive than the consoles, but it allows access to better sims as well, plus you can still hook it up to the big screen and game from the comfort of your couch.

Okay, stepping off of my soap box.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Only two HDMI inputs. I would probably have my 360, XBone, and hopefully an HD digital cable receiver when I do this. I would like something with 4 probably if I could.
The HD-HDMI digital cable receiver should be able to utilize the Xbone's pass through. You can get away with 2 HDMI ports while still keeping the costs down.

Going with that, you can land a 42" for cheap...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/RCA-42-LED42C45RQ-Class-LED-1080p-60Hz-3.4-ultra-slim-HDTV/21097470

Only $300!

Stepping up the quality tree and keeping the price the same can get you smaller Visio for the same price...

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Vizio-32-Class-1080p-Full-Array-LED-Smart-TV-Built-in-WiFi-3x-HDMI-120Hz-Refresh-Rate-Apps-M322I-B1/35648090

This gives you 3 HDMI inputs, and a more reputable flat screen MFG. I have a 37" Visio, and it has not been a TV to swear at. It does really well, despite being an older LED set.

This one is on sale. It's normally at $300.
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-32-class-31-1-2-diag--led-1080p-hdtv-black/4833556.p?id=1218538976873&skuId=4833556
(Only 2 HDMI inputs.)

And this one. Again, only 2 HDMI inputs, but at your limit of $350...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-32-class-31-1-2-diag--led-1080p-smart-hdtv-black/5663049.p?id=1219146761972&skuId=5663049

There are deals and sales all the time though. I suggest saving for a TV set at your limit, and getting a set that dropped into your range when it's on sale. You might find a TV with at least 4 HDMI inputs.

Or you can always pick something like what's shown above and get one of these...
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/agptek-v1-3-1080p-3-port-hdmi-switcher-splitter-box-for-ps3-xbox-blu-ray-dvd-hdtv-black/1310172470.p?id=mp1310172470&skuId=1310172470

Seeing that HDMI's signal is all 1's and 0's, you wont lose much if you used one of these.

It's a thought.

1 - 20 of 317 Posts