Ford Focus Forum banner

301 - 317 of 317 Posts

·
Cantankerous Quacker
3,515 Posts
I miss the Fourtza days and the little beaters. Okay, I didn't go with all the crap boxes, but I had a few "crappy" cars that were just simply fun as hell to drive.

And of course the Stinger/Repellent brawls were always fun.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #302
Yeah they were. I really miss playing with the small crap boxes in FM4, but I cannot bring myself to play the game without a wheel. I don't have too much of a problem playing FM5 or FM6 with a controller, although the fun factor is in the basement. But knowing I have a wheel for my 360, but I am not able to use it due to no space for the desk or a stand; really chews me up. And I tried to play it with the controller, but I just don't feel in control of the cars. So I will let FM4 rest until I replace the monitor.

Side note. Free Forza DLC for owners of Forza 6 and Fallout 4...

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #303
Thustys finally made an entry level wheel for the Xb1. Introducing the TMX...

http://www.thrustmaster.com/en_US/products/tmx-force-feedback

It's basically the T150 for the Xb1. It comes with the basic Thrustmaster pedals (the garbage 2 pedal set that shipped with the TX458 wheel package, sans the metal faces) and it's looking to cost 169.99 Lbs in the UK.

Will I get it? It depends.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #304
The 2017 Focus RS is in Forza 6, and despite it's horse power and torque both being 350 the car is boring in stock form. It's probably because of the AWD, and the lack of real forces that makes it so.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #305 (Edited)
I'm working on something I want to call the B/600 Fatbody Focus showdown. 2017 Focus RS vs 2013 Focus ST (AWD modified).

Because these cars are so similar, I can't help but pit them against each other. The only stipulation is the tires must match, and the RS presents the baseline. It rolls on 236/35R19's according to Forza, and its stock compound equates to Forza's Sport tires. So the ST must use the stock diameter and width (also 235/35R19) but must use Forza's sport tires. Beyond that I haven't attempted to get the weights within 50lbs of each other yet, and the ST has a 179 lb advantage, although the RS has the lead in the performance numbers war.

Vehicle Class/PIRS B/600ST B/600
Speed6.7*6.5
Handling4.9*4.8
Acceleration7.8*7.7
Braking4.9*4.8
Power397 Hp*348 Hp
Torque398 Ft-Lbs*374 Ft-Lbs
weight/bal %3,522 Lbs/59% Front3,343 Lbs/55% Front*
* Denotes best in comparison.

The first test is at Lime Rock without any of the chicanes that disrupt a fast and flowing lap.
So far the ST is whopping on the RS. The best out lap that the RS had was 1:06.109, while the ST had a 1:05.419!

Soon I'll include times from a 3 lap session at another circuit for both, along with the total times and a breakdown of the builds. It's interesting to see the ST is giving the RS the business in this snapshot. Perhaps I should do something about the RS's weight, it may lower the power, but allow the car to better handle the long sweeping turns at Lime Rock. I just hope that doesn't foul up the car's motivation; although, it feels like a pig compared to the ST.

Either way, having some fun with the game again. :thumbup:

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
If any of the few of you left playing (meaning Bill and Drew) haven't gotten the Mustang from the HotWheels pack yet, do it. It's amazing! Seriously, I think it's the best car in the game right now.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #307
That mustang has a lot of modifications I wish Forza had all along. Wider fenders, mismatch wheels, modified stock body parts, a visible FMIC, and a whole bunch of other things Forza has never done.

I have it, and it is amazing to drive. It sounds awesome too. I got to run it more.

The old Ferrari F1 is great too.

·
Registered
2,935 Posts
Agreed. Turn10 really need to open up the modifications and let players have the crazy stuff people are throwing on real cars now. It does not have to be all of the cars offered in the game, but even having a few with the option for wider fenders and exposed FMICs/front clip deletes etc would go a long way.

And mismatching wheels should have been available for ages now.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #309
Even if Turn 10 couldn't do the fenders, at least having the wheels mount properly on to the car would work just as well. Hell if they wanted, they could use actual wheel fitment for what they have in the game. A 4-100 wheel shouldn't work with a 5-108 wheel hub. And then the wheel offset should be taken into account. Maybe this would mean modeling the cars with the wheels removed, or doing a Photogrametry pass with the wheels off on one side of the car and establishing some defpoints for the wheel hubs. In the end, this would make the game more authentic.

And they should try to get more wheel MFG's on board, as well as major wheel distributors. From what I understand every manufacturer doesn't make 12" versions of their wheels just for the ocassional Mini or Fiat 500, so why are all the wheels avaialble at any size for every vehicle in the game? Turn 10 should use manufacturer and distributor fit guides. What they make and recommend, should be reflected in the game. Also by consulting with distributor perhaps in the future a ForzaVista wheel selector could end up gracing a distributors website? That would be interesting to say the least.

I don't think fixing the wheels and how they fit on cars is too much to ask. Hell, people have been asking ever since FM2.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #310
Is it me or does the BMW X6 M look more realistic than everything else in the game? It's probably me.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #312
It is a giant good for nothing vehicle. I tried throwing some parts at it, and it just got worse.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #313 (Edited)
Back From the Dead!

A quick Forza fail before I got to go to work.

Chuck Norris's push ups may have been applied to suspension adjustments. Pay attention to the background...

And that is how you ruin immersion folks! Thanks Turd 10. Your fail knows no limits. :screwy:

For those who didn't notice, the body of the car is in the same position on screen, but the background is now tilted.
They probably did this so the car's details aren't shifted around when the suspension is adjusted, but they couldn't have another camera position that is level to the ground when zoomed out? :bang:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #314 (Edited)
For comparison's sake, here are some quick edits. Granted, the rotation wasn't perfect, but it does illustrate what I wanted to see, instead of what Forza gave me...

Original

Hacked Edit...

Original

Hacked Edit

On the first set, the difference is HUGE! I didn't realize how high the tail of the car was, until I made the edits. The second set isn't as extreme, but it does convey the car having a "Bull Dogged" stance better than the original. Now here's the strangest bit. I am pretty sure this happens in the game too. I just don't have the time to test this out, because my second run at work begins in about a 1/2 hour, and I have to get there first. But I will revisit this soon enough.

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #315 (Edited)
Another Forza fail...

Pay attention to the braking distances. Mind you, these are brake upgrades and when they are installed or highlighted, the car gains performance points.

Captured before the numbers came up. More on this shot later...

Notice how the braking distances got longer and how the car got heavier? I thought these were upgrades? :screwy:
Kind of funny that the brakes become more efficient, but the stopping distances increased, along with the weight. And another thing, what is with the rotors and calipers being replaced when the game shows fluid, pads and brake lines being changed? And why are nearly all the brake upgrades smaller than Stock in diameter? Also, why doesn't "Sport brakes" and larger necessitate new wheels at a larger diameter?

WTF! :bang:

Forza should have more realism in this department. At least have Big Brake kit's at fixed sizes, and tell the player they need to buy wheels that fit. Sheesh! :rant:

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #316

·
I'm a ass man!
5,733 Posts
Discussion Starter #317
Moisture condensed around the dust in the air, until it becomes heavy enough to fall to the earth as rain...

You know how it behaves when it hits glass on your car, righ?

Somebody at Turn 10 didn't get the memo.

:lol:

301 - 317 of 317 Posts