Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found this on ebay earlier. I think i'm going to buy it. It looks just like the AEM, and the BOMBZ CAI. What do all of you think. check it out. web page

·
Registered
602 Posts
Bought one, put it on two days ago. Seems to be the Bomz to me...same connectors/pipe/mounts and all. No instructions and no nuts to attatch the rubber shock-mounts to: Need to make a quick hardware run for those. HINT: Rubber mount goes to coil-pack screw, and lower radiator support, left hole. (You'll see what I mean. Sorry, no pics)

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
thats great, a AEM intake for 1/5 the price, AWESOME....gotta love ebay, if i was NA i would definetly scoop that up, hell, you cant even ghetto rig a CAI with hoses and filter for less then that, i have no idea how these guys are making money

·
Registered
1,176 Posts
like hell you cant Naz! ive done it!

·
Registered
5,447 Posts
Originally posted by greystealth:
what do you mean by "hits real hard" is that good or bad?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">that's good. as soon as i get some more cash flow, i'm going to pick up one of these because my short-ram sucks.

·
Registered
602 Posts
The suction sound as you blip the throttle always brings a smile to my face

Low end torque not affected much; much smoother acceleration past 5,000RPM's. On a side note, the engine does not heat up to the degree it used to, here in the winter, which says to me its working (sucking only cold air). No CEL problems. Filter ducks completely into front bumper/can't see any filter sticking down.
A on fit and materials
B+ on finish
D on accessories (no manual at all, no nuts to hold the rubber mounts, cheeper imitation K&N filter)

·
Registered
73 Posts
any noticable performance gain other than "smoother" acceleration? i ask because it does say 8-12 hp increase / 12 ft/lb torque increase? wouldn't that mean better performance?

if there is, i'm down for one (if he puts more up for sale!) much better than my current setup, consisting of my *stock* airbox!

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Originally posted by gtpzx3:
DOes anyone know if it will fit an automatic car? I know there were issues with the AEM fitting. Thanks!
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">It should be able to fit automatics, because it is now a two-piece intake.

The current AEM CAI design also has two pieces, which is ATX-friendly.
AEM's first design of their CAI was just one piece and that one could only fit on MTX's.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Personally, I don't like to BS my HP figures based on my butt-dyno. If someone wants to dyno this intake on a lightly modded Zetec, then great. Does it pull hard? Yes. Is it 12Hp worth of pull? I can't say. I will say that as the engine heats up, I usually experienced a small decrease in Torque as the ECU got out of 'cold-loop' mode. Now, the car pulls just as hard at temp as it does when it's still warming up. Does that help?

·
Registered
355 Posts

·
Registered
889 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Well i just received it in the mail. This sucker looks nice. Very good quality. I don't see why someone would pay 300 dollars for an AEM, and it looks just the same. The finish is perfect and the welding on the brackets and the MAF sensor area look great. Now we'll have to see how it performs. I'll put it on later this afternoon, and i'll post some pics and let you guys know how it turned out. later...

1 - 20 of 54 Posts