Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok...been searching away for a good part of the night, and can't find a decent or definitive answer to these questions. ARGH! Frustrating!

Anyway...got a FR head coming my way that I got a good deal on, and am looking for the following info and opinions.

1) How much can the FR head be milled before interference becomes an issue? What would be a recommended amount to have the head milled and keep things safe if a belt fails? (I guess these questions are similar)

2) What cams would you recommend for a good balance of streetablity and maximum power in a 0-6800ish RPM range. Not looking to extend the rev range at this present time.

3) If there are any threads on this that you know of, please post links!

·
Registered
786 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Huh? Thought it was not milled at all...are there inconsistencies or something?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
its not milled...and accordin to others, it nor the stocker (moreso the FR b/c of the bigger valves) can be shaved w/o goin into interference.

-Ult

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
doesnt matter which cams you have, its however far the valve CAN move. if the belt breaks is the maximum travel during a normal cycle. if a spring fails, then your really f'd...but anyways, from reports/experiences of others...you cant safely mill the head w/o gettin into interference, unless you have reliefs cut into some aftermarket pistons or run 'dished' pistons...the latter will just lower the CR back down anyway.

-Ult

1 - 6 of 6 Posts