Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody have this on there car? Is it worth the money ctzx3 is asking? I am going all motor and figure I will eventually need it. Are there any problems with it? I did a search and didn't come up with to much. Will a fc tb bolt up to it and is there anything I need to know?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Hey man, the FC throttle body wont fit on there, unless there is an adapter plate made and drilled for it...CTZX3 might have already included this though...he has it all tapped and everything i believe for vacuum lines too...(sweet) And i believe he has it drilled to fit the head as well, taking out more of the guess work....

Email him man or pm him..hes really cool to talk to...

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
unless u want 2 modify ur present 1, u need 2 score an svt alternator bracket. i believe he has these as well. it lowers the alt a smidge away from the mani.

-Ult

·
Registered
3,821 Posts
when i was over chris' (ctzx3) house this weekend he was finishing his work on one of the manifolds and it looks good. he's making all the necessary fittings for everything and trying to figure out how to get the ports on the manifold to match up to the ports on the engine.

it's definitely not a bolt on in any way. you're going to have to tinker with it, or i'm sure chris will do the tinkering for you for a price.

the intake, however, is fairly well designed and much better than the tangled stock pos. it's a bit large though, massive would probably better describe it.

i'd say shoot chris an email and see what it'll take for him to set it up for you. he's guessing the manifold will add around 15hp by itself if done right. if you want to go all out with your na the stock manifold will become an issue in the future, it's very restrictive and one of the reasons our cars can't hit the high revs.

Nate

·
Registered
329 Posts
ive got a spare alternator bracket for an svt.
I would be willing to sell it for less than ford dealers sell it for...it is brand new in the box.

ford sells it for $71.24 canadian.

I bought one for an engine swap, but my engine came with the bracket.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I'll keep that in mind, thanks.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts