Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well me and a buddy installed my FR intake manifold and 65 mm FC tb yesterday and WOW...my car has the FC pully kit aem short ram intake the new FC race header and bosal flex pipe and muffler shop flex back exhaust with magnaflow muffler...and now with the addition of the tb and manifold my car moves out I mean at like 4500 rps you would think I got vtec
thats how much of a diffrence it makes plus I plan to get some stage 2's cams by next month (probably crowers) and this manfold should really help out then. So to anybody thinking of getting this manifold I say go for it
....oh bye the way I got mine from Chris (ctzx3)... thanks a lot Chris... great guy to do busness with i recommend getting one from him just allow a couple weeks for moddifying and then the fun begins.

[ 02-17-2003, 08:15 PM: Message edited by: boostenzx3 ]

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Did you need to use the SVT alternator bracket? If so, did you need to find a different size belt?

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Maybe even stage III's? Anyone got an opinion on the II's? I havent used em myself... Stage III's?

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
crowers r continuin 2 prove huge losses in low and mid 2 get topend. cat 2s and FR 3s r pullin close on topend hp w/far greater and broader tq #s.

-Ult

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
crower loosing midrange? Hmm....not last time i checked

oh, and a cam with huge low end/huge high end is a dream cam, sorry, its basic, no such thing...theyres simple, they are cams...u get 1, you lose the other, you can find a balance, but never ahve the best of both worlds

however, the crowers having crapy midrange? Hardly

and wtf is with this cat ****? I keep hearing about them...

if you want midrange, i know crane is known for it, and we dyno tested it, so i know

i havent seen to many reviews/dynoes from cat cams however

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
naz=mcfly
Ult=biff

(hello hello, anybody home? think mcfly think!)

the mcnews project car (cat 2s) and greensmcnews06 (1st thread, cat 1s)

in comparison, crowers loose low and mid (mid b'g up 2 4k in this car).

-Ult

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
naz=mcfly
Ult=biff

(hello hello, anybody home? think mcfly think!)

the mcnews project car (cat 2s) and greensmcnews06 (1st thread, cat 1s)

in comparison, crowers loose low and mid (mid b'g up 2 4k in this car).

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">

·
Registered
383 Posts
so the use of the SVT alternator bracket will eliminate any rubbing on the FR manifold from the alternator ? will it be completely bolt on pm me boost , about the SVT bracket

·
Registered
217 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
the alt. bracket won't totaly eliminate it from rubbing the manifold but it will fit...and if you grind just a little of the outer edge of the alt. then it should not rub at all

·
Registered
729 Posts
how hard is it to install the fr manifold. I got it about a month ago and am planning to do the install with my friend this saturday. what should i look out for?

·
Registered
76 Posts
Ult you have absolutly no buisness telling anyone which cams to buy because you obviously dont have clue how they work from just that last statement. If you disagree with this statement then i want you to show me math and show me the numbers.. I want straight math. Not uncle bobs dyno and danny d`s. Cams work off of math and thats all and for you to make such a huge statement like that is ludacris.

·
Registered
76 Posts
By the way run stage 3 cams and dont check the lash unless you really just feel the need. You dont need springs or retainer no float all the way to 7000 grand on top of that my cams are wearing perfectly and have not worn unequally from lobe to lobe (less then .01 percent diffrence) after 10000 miles of use as speced by my head guy. He also says that the cams appear to be wearing very slowly. Just as i thought they would
Just grind the head away with a dremel plug the holes and make sure you keep the lifters in order. drive it for 200 miles and change the oil. Easy as that.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Originally posted by methknome:
how hard is it to install the fr manifold. I got it about a month ago and am planning to do the install with my friend this saturday. what should i look out for?
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I am curious as well. Just how tricky is it getting to those lower bolts? How long did it take you for installation?

·
Registered
729 Posts
guess not

[ 02-19-2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: methknome ]

·
Registered
729 Posts
[ 02-19-2003, 12:53 AM: Message edited by: methknome ]

1 - 20 of 24 Posts