Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I got my car dynoed this morning so i have a before and after dyno for the Ford Racing Intake Manifold.

I just finished installing it. It sounds awsome and the power is so smooth. i will have pics up later and the dyno on saturday.
Tomorrow afternoon i get it dynoed again with the FR Manifold to see the difference.

here is the pics

[ 03-08-2003, 03:54 PM: Message edited by: CTZX3 ]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Good stuff chris! Cant wait to see the numbers and see you in the low 14's.

Edit: please do not bypass swear filter

[ 03-31-2003, 06:57 PM: Message edited by: TooleBox ]

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
great chris, I am interested to see the numbers as well.

Drew

·
Registered
3,046 Posts
Hehe guess you got the opportunity to do the install despite the snow.
Still snowing up there?

BTW, CTZX3, I'm sending the stuff today.

·
Registered
921 Posts
That is a very clean piece. I can't wait to see the numbers!

·
Registered
208 Posts
Cool.

I'm in the middle of putting the manifold on our race car right now. One thing I'm having more trouble than expected is connecting the vacuum hoses. The local fitting supply house doesn't have the right size fitting to connect the brake booster hose. What size fitting did you use?

Did you slot/redrill the holes? We are welding on an extension to the top of ours so top bolts are fully encircled.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
Very nice!

Off topic, but what strut tower covers are those? I like how clean they look.

[Edit] A: FocusCentral. But, I could not find them on their website.

[ 03-07-2003, 05:53 PM: Message edited by: EastAl ]

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Originally posted by techguy:
Cool.

I'm in the middle of putting the manifold on our race car right now. One thing I'm having more trouble than expected is connecting the vacuum hoses. The local fitting supply house doesn't have the right size fitting to connect the brake booster hose. What size fitting did you use?

Did you slot/redrill the holes? We are welding on an extension to the top of ours so top bolts are fully encircled.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">i slotted the holes. i used brass fittings from Homedepot plumming dept. as you see in one of the pics i put a tube on the brake hose with a clamp and did the same on the fitting in the manifold.

·
Registered
871 Posts
off topic as well but, you deleted the egr valve right? did you have to get a chip after that? did you get any x-tra hp from it? any loss?

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Ok here is the before and after dyno, overlayed

the red lines are from stock intake manifold

the blue/black are from with the fr manifold

not very good but this is with a stock head and stock cams not tuned in. But you make more TQ and HP over 5500rpms. it kinda feels like i added the crower stage 2 cams in.

in two weeks in adding Crower stage 3 cams

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
Ok here is the before and after dyno, overlayed

the red lines are from stock intake manifold

the blue/black are from with the fr manifold

not very good but this is with a stock head and stock cams not tuned in. But you make more TQ and HP over 5500rpms. it kinda feels like i added the crower stage 2 cams in.

in two weeks in adding Crower stage 3 cams

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">chris where did you dyno?

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
chriss
wtf?
What happened to the head, cams, all that stuff man....

whats up? Why you still in the minor leagues? or are you finally switching over to the FC headpackage??? Whats goin on, u havent been keepin me updated man...

BUT, seeing as how that is a very lightly modded engine, the top end increase is still huge...i cant even imagine with stage 3 cams and head where you will take it to 7500rpm....get goin man....

·
Registered
400 Posts
What other mods are on this car? That's a big torque loss through the middle of the powerband...

Edit: I see intake, tb,intake mani, race header, cam gears. Chip? How un-tuned are the cam gears?

[ 03-09-2003, 06:58 AM: Message edited by: Fisch ]

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
the stock stix were installed straight up. no tuning was done b4 or after.

short ram/maf/65mm TB/mani/stock head and cams/fc header/2pc pulley set/flex/thermal

i think thats it.

-Ult

·
Registered
365 Posts
Still wondering what happened to the egr valve? Will the factory one mount on the intake? If i delete it does the check engine light come on? Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Ryan

·
Registered
365 Posts
Still wondering what happened to the egr valve? Will the factory one mount on the intake? If i delete it does the check engine light come on? Any info on this would be much appreciated.

Ryan

1 - 20 of 20 Posts