Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This piece is INCREDIBLE. Im running Stage 3 crowers FC Race Header 2.5 Collector back BOMZ CAI 65 mm t/b w/adapter plate adj cam gears set at -1/2 -4. We did have to port the adapter plate to match (electronic calliper) and we smoothed alot of casting in the manifold and found a very odd piece of close hanger like wire jammed in it?? That kind of irritated me but regaurdless We done custom fabrication for everything cut the new manibolt holes and cut the alternator. It came out very nice the work was approxiamtly 27 hours worth (lengthy process definatly think about this before you try to custom fab one) But afterwords id have to say the pull was the most amazing thing iv ever felt from a focus. 0-60 in 6.98 seconds (the average of 4 runs with a stop watch) 0-100 in 19.3 all test runs were done with one passenger and full hatch. I was very impressed with the initial tests that we got out of the car. I can easily say I smacked up an s2000 with it. I want to get a dyno done but so far Im all smiles and hunting for low low nines in the eigth in 2 weekends when the local track opens up. The engine has plunty of torque as well. I can cruise in 5th up fairly steep hills at 60-65 and i dont loose any speed (2000 rpm) but at 3500 you can tell things are diffrent and at 4000 something definatly is wrong. then like 5500 the car just opens up. If i just role the car upto 5500 hundred and punch it torque steers sideways and rolls the tires. Im not sure how much the car is pushing but it has to be pretty nice. Manifold come from CTZX3 props to the guy best buissness man iv dealth with.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
yeah its a good piece, shame its so much money, but eh...comes w/territory. saw ct's dyno w/it last wk and even w/o tuning, it does raise the power curve up along the rev range.

all that stuff, but u dont have headwork done yet? sounds like a big restriction that when fixed will really unleash the power.

btw, i hope that these 'tests' of urs were conducted on a track...right?

-Ult

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yea I own an airport its bad
I didnt feel any of the midrange loss like the dyno shows though.. The bottem feels a little bit less ofcourse but i know it pulls harder all the way through. like 3500 up its definatly better. Im doing headwork ina couple of weekends. That includes a .075 shave
nothing like compression for top end.

·
Inebriated Pecker Obstructionist
2,958 Posts
So you did have to do some fab work to get it on? I ran into a guy last night that told me when he got his, it left a little to be desired for a "bolt on". He said that he had to have a holes drilled, and to have some of the ports on the head matched, and had to add fittings for some of the lines that hook up to the manifold.
My impression was, that he was pissed about not knowing he had to do soo much work to get it on. Not that he was pissed about doing the work, just one of those, "I wish I would have known, before I started to take my engine apart."
But, he said he has had it for a while. I thought maybe it was a 1st gen, and they have possibly improved it since.

Al

G

·
0 Posts
You can easily slap unexperienced driver in s2000 with your 0-60 for 6.x sec. focus

That's a good number for focus though.

=dRe=

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
It was rather extreme bolt on and the casting in itself was pretty rough. Porting is nessasary especially with the t/b mount. It almost looks like the manifold was ported before hand?? but really ****tily... If you dont have a dedicated crew to help you out with it and serious balls about cars you need not apply for just buying one.. Definatly have it modded before hand.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
that was definitely ignorance on that guy's part not knowing already that the manifold was NOT a direct bolt on. from svt alternator bracket, 2 adaptors 4 the tb, 2 ovalizin bolt holes and/or port raising 2 get it 2 work. its not a bolt on 4 certain...yet.

-Ult

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
This was the one from chris? I thought chris does all the work so you don't have to or did you just buy it straight up? Are you telling me that after Chris is done with it there's still more fab to be done or am I misunderstanding? I'm just waiting for my tax return then I think I'll have one.

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
0-100mph in 19? Im not sure, but doesnt that seem slow? Maybe im doin my math wrong...hold on

But yeah, the FR manifold is a GIANT, i may have to try it out

I get to 100mph in 13 seconds...

edit: Well, now that i think of it, i guess 19 seconds makes sense, 7 sec to 60mph, and another 12 for the extra 40 makes sense...so thats cool

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by UltegraSTI:
that was definitely ignorance on that guy's part not knowing already that the manifold was NOT a direct bolt on. from svt alternator bracket, 2 adaptors 4 the tb, 2 ovalizin bolt holes and/or port raising 2 get it 2 work. its not a bolt on 4 certain...yet.

-Ult
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just so you guys know, You need not do all that work...

·
Registered
645 Posts
Originally posted by XSquigyX:
Just so you guys know, You need not do all that work...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">????Go on...

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by Leadfoot/S2:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by XSquigyX:
Just so you guys know, You need not do all that work...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">????Go on...</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is from another Focus forum...

A spacer plate is made that will match the ports to the head. Alternator wont have to be moved and the manifold wont have to be slotted.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">This is from Fastrax.

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
Originally posted by doogie78:
This was the one from chris? I thought chris does all the work so you don't have to or did you just buy it straight up? Are you telling me that after Chris is done with it there's still more fab to be done or am I misunderstanding? I'm just waiting for my tax return then I think I'll have one.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeh he just got a normal one, un modified, so he could do it him self.

and the plate from Fastrax would be cool if we ever get a price for it.

·
Registered
406 Posts
Originally posted by CTZX3:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by doogie78:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Yeh he just got a normal one, un modified, so he could do it him self.

and the plate from Fastrax would be cool if we ever get a price for it.
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Just make one...I could reverse engineer that in about 5 minutes. then just get it made at a machine shop.

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
[/qb]Yeh he just got a normal one, un modified, so he could do it him self.

Thank you Chris. I'll have plenty more question soon enough. Lopoking forward to taking this plastic POS off.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts