Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am wondering guys. which one wouldyou pick for FI purposes. who would pick the FR intake or FC intake?

if you see this nader or chriszx3... or anyone respond.
does anyone have any info on either intakes, dyno results, etc?

·
Registered
217 Posts
well i can tell you from experiance that my FR intake mani. is awsome the power gain on my car is insane and i don't even have cams or anything yet just a full exhust and intake plus tb and pullies. my car is n/a for now thou umm i did loose a little tq on the bottom end but trust me it was not that much and was well worth it once i hit 4k in the rpm band...so hope the info helps and unfortunally i don't have any dyno numbers yet cause i am waiting till i get cams to go to the dyno and have them dialed in.(oh and on a side note i got mine from chris[ctzx3])

·
Registered
745 Posts
the FR intake mani has longer runners and is suited for NA applications...the FC has short runners which are suited for FI...both can use large diameter TBs...the FR is drilled for the 4.6l TB...the FC is 70mm...

·
Registered
217 Posts
ok this is just a note to anyone that is considering the FR intake manifold....it requires some modifing in order for it to match our bolt pattern althou i have read that they are suposully redesigning it but i have no clue when that will be done. there are several web sites that sale them i think mcnews sells them. i got mine at www.ctracingdesign.com the ones sold on that site have been moddfied and are ready to be bolted on thats why its more expensive on there instead of from other sites

·
Car Czar of Death
4,784 Posts
I will be dynoing the Fr intake manifold i modify for direct bolt on Friday. I will have before and after dynos.
Ford racing already dynoed it and got 14hp, just adding it to a stock Zetec engine with no mods.

chris

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
We sell the FR manifold for 450. We can modify it for any application. We have seen good gains from it on NA application it was deigned for FI. There will be a new intake out that will be a more direct bolt on from FR. We should have our test car dynoed soon with this intake installed.

[ 03-06-2003, 06:53 AM: Message edited by: Yel900rr ]

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Originally posted by Yel900rr:
We sell the FR manifold for 450. We can modify it for any application. We have seen good gains from it on NA application it was deigned for FI. There will be a new intake out that will be a more direct bolt on from FR. We should have our test car dynoed soon with this intake installed.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Sweet!

·
Registered
526 Posts
Originally posted by Yel900rr:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">So you can modify it to fit the standard Zetec? How much extra?

·
Registered
3,853 Posts
So was the FR manifold designed for FI or NA? I personally thought it was designed for FI but apparently some say it's an NA designed manifold...??

1 - 15 of 15 Posts