Ford Focus Forum banner

Free Carfax Vehicle History

2K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  Guest 
#1 ·
This might intrest a few of you. KABC-TV (ABC channel 7) is giving free compliments of Carfax. It will be only for 24hrs. Here's the link; Free Carfax

[ 05-20-2003, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: Rally Man ]

#5 ·
Thank you!
Mine was originally registered as a fleet vehicle, but it looks like it was for a private buisness and not a rental company (or government or commercial or anything else).
The car then was bought buy the company I bought it from at a car auction two years later. Sounds like a tax-dodge that got caught to me.

#7 ·
Originally posted by My ZX3 is slow:
my car was in a wreck
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">uhm...if you bought it used, and the dealer didn't tell you about the wreck, it's a crime...at least it is in Wv...(if memory serves me correctly)

In a Missouri case (1994) a woman bought a 1984 van for $5,500. She claimed that the salesman told her it was in perfect condition, had only 1 previous owner, and had never been in a wreck. After she paid for it, she began having problems. It would not start, and she could not drive it off the lot until it was fixed. Three days later, she replaced the fuel pump. A week later a cylinder gasket blew.

Two weeks after she purchased the truck, she called the owner whose name was listed in the owner's manual. She learned he had totaled the truck in a wreck, and he was also the first of three previous owners. She then brought suit.

A jury awarded her $7,850 for actual damages and $210,000 for punitive damages.

[ 05-20-2003, 05:14 PM: Message edited by: mandark ]

G
#8 ·
if you delete the cookie carfax leaves behind you can get more than 1 free report. i checked all 3 of my cars. including the Exploder Ford bought back under the lemon law and yet it didnt come up as a lemon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.