Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to swap from Zetec to Duratec? And what kind of troubles would there be?

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
yes, you need all the wiring, pass side motor mount, duratec trans ( i think), wiring harness, ecu.. radiator probably .. etc.. not too hard, you will basically have to take EVERYTHING off the zetec car and then put the duratec stuff in.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Waste of money, there are already a lot of parts out for the Zetec including a lot of boost kits. Why would you want to change it? The only reason I see for it is if you blew up the Zetec motor.

-Ryan
x2

For what you spent on a swap, you're better off supercharging your Zetec. Or selling your Zetec and getting a 2.3L. I've seen several in the paper out here, ranging from 8 to 10k.

·
Registered
646 Posts
It's only worth it if you have a donor Duratec car. End of story. I am almost fed up with my swap. I started with a zetec car with no motor. I bought eng, trans, and all the fixins... The engine is all bolted in, but now after a month and a half of trying to piece together wiring, I'm going to rip the entire wire loom out and install one from a dura. car.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I really like all the Cosworth things for the Duratec, but I also like the Powerworks SC for the Zetec, just need to built up the bottom end so I can get the stage 2 with 15psi and save a few grand for the kit it's self.

·
Banned
1,566 Posts
for doing ANY car swap you should get a donor car, unless you want to spend hour upon hour wiring tons of [censored]

you could get a duratec focus donor for cheap from an insurance auction or such

i totalled mine and it was $1400 to buy it back, had some rear damage that might have been repairable but i didnt want that.. 3 broken windows, and nearly every body panel destroyed

interior was perfect, engine bay was perfect (no front end damage), had a few bent susp pieces.. and it had 5800 miles..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts