Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have an evo3 front bumper on my car and i am starting to thing about winter time already. i wanna get a bra for the front of my car so when i pass a salt truck, it doesnt get completley f'd but im gonna need to find a place that will make one to fit my bumper. anyone know any place that will make a bra to fit my bumper??? if there even is a place????

·
Registered
35 Posts
Any type of front end bra is a BAD idea. Although it might seem like a good idea and that your protecting the frone of you car, but what you are really doing is grinding the dust and debri and in your case the salt thrown at you by the trucks down into your paint. The constant moving of the bra caused by the wind will only scratch your paint. Also, it will trap moisture under it from rain and dew and if left on for long periods you can notice a difference between the shade of your paint on the hood. This is due to the sun still hitting the paint not covered by the bra. In my IMHP a bra isalways a bad idea. Leave them on your woman!!

·
Registered
11,255 Posts
You may want to look into the 3M clear bra film. It's more expensive than a conventional bra, but it's "invisible" from afar and does withstand normal driving (think a clear plastic film on the front end). An authorized retailer will take a bulk roll of film and apply it to your vehicle as you see fit. However, because of design intricacies, it may be harder to fit and thus more expensive.

Best to go to a place and get a free consultation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts