Ford Focus Forum banner

front bumper

414 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  GapBoyPCS 
#1 ·
my front bumper is in pretty bad shape. theres stone chips in it and somebody hit my car in a parking lot so theres some black marks on it. I want to get an aftermarket one that will give the car a mild look. It cant hang too low cause i live in michigan were the winters r horrible and i will be using this car during the winter. also, off the top of ur head how much would it cost to get it painted the color of the car providing i can install it myself. so which bumpers do u guys think i should get and were would i get it from.

#2 ·
Most aftermarket bumpers are gonna hang lower and not work well with the rest of the car if you don't have side skirts. Go with a Euro bumper.

#3 ·
well what i just thought of was that i can just put my stock bumper on during the winter cause it just screws on right? so r there any mild bumpers that just hang a little lower than the stock. and what is this euro bumper your talkin about. do u have a pic of it?

#5 ·
#7 ·
Go with a Euro bumper.
My advice is that be careful if you're going the Euro route. Most times, you will need to remove the crash foam already on the car, and well as possibly cutting the reinforcement bar. This may bite you in the butt if you ever get smacked and the insurance company realizing your car doesn't really meet safety standards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.