Registered
883 Posts
what kind of paint did you use ?

that looks great

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i used dupli-color engine enamel...it was like $10 cheaper than actual caliper paint and i like the spray effect better then brush on....i sprayed it with clear to act as a primer and it gaver a somewaht smoother look....but prepping is only as good as painting

·
Registered
924 Posts
is it a hard /expensive process to do this ..cuz mine are all nasty rusted :/ ... looks great btw

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
it wasnt really hard just time consuming...and its not really expensive either (all u need is a can of paint, brake cleaner,wire brushes, sandpaper i used 600 grit)...i used dish detergents and scrubbed off all the excess grease...then i took the wire brush to them, tehn used sandpaper, then brake clean and applied like 3-4 coats

·
Registered
1,113 Posts
it wasnt really hard just time consuming...and its not really expensive either (all u need is a can of paint, brake cleaner,wire brushes, sandpaper i used 600 grit)...i used dish detergents and scrubbed off all the excess grease...then i took the wire brush to them, tehn used sandpaper, then brake clean and applied like 3-4 coats
how many hours did it take for you? i just did mine today and i started about 11 after i had to run back and forth to my house like 3 times. once i got started i just sanded it down using differnt grits of sand paper and then some type of degreaser on it. it came out with a glossy finish and i didnt even clean coat it.

kyle

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
it took me from about noon till midngiht....i only have 1 jack so i had to do them 1 at a time, and when puttinig together i couldnt get the caliper clip thing on and i wasted at least an hour on that after scratching the calipers up so i had to go back and touch up the outside

·
Registered
956 Posts
nice job... that red looks like a fire engine...
I have a 99 VW Golf just about the same color

1 - 12 of 12 Posts