Ford Focus Forum banner

41 - 56 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
6,090 Posts
Why not just post up a pdf file for us to link to and then everyone can see what they're getting into. I'm just waiting for the info to buy.

·
Registered
6 Posts
These look like a good alternative to the cheap SPC plates. I have these on mine (came with the car) and and may be replacing them when I do struts in the near future.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
I'm bumping this one- looking for some feedback on how these are holding up for people. I would like to pick up a set in the next week if people are having no issues with them. Thanks!

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I'm bumping this one- looking for some feedback on how these are holding up for people. I would like to pick up a set in the next week if people are having no issues with them. Thanks!
Curious as well.

Local member bought a pair but it was too hard for him to grind off the huge rivets that hold the ball joint in place. Didn't have a grinder only a dremel. He also mentioned there was supposedly some additional cutting of the arm that was needed. Not sure I ever saw that mentioned b4 but its what he said. Not sure if he still has him as ended up getting some cfm tubular arms.

·
Registered
871 Posts
The design has been changed slightly, the bends were taken out. They are also made with a stronger material. We have only had 1 set that were damaged, they were on a track car. Since the new design, we have sold around 20 sets without any issues. Keep in mind, anything can be damaged/destroyed. We have bent factory control arms on our race car.

As far as installation, it is not a "Simple" installation, but it's not overly difficult either. If you only want to add negative camber, you don't need to cut the control arm. If you want to remove negative camber (or add positive), you will need to cut your control arm. Follow the link below to see the installation instructions.

Control arm installations instructions.pdf

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
Thanks for the info. Glad to hear they are now made of a stronger material. Iirc that one failure was using the old design with the weaker material.

·
Registered
1,569 Posts
Yes, thanks for the update. I placed an order the other day and see it has already shipped!

How much castor do you guys run with these? Do you just max it out or are there any adverse affects to that with the focus?

·
Registered
1,118 Posts
I will be ordering a set eventually. Gonna have to order some new arms and new balljoints as well so I can put it all together b4 putting it on the car. Will also give me a chance to por15 coat the arms and install new poly bushings.

41 - 56 of 56 Posts