Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Correct me if I'm wrong: The stock front sway bar has "square" portions for the bushings. Looking at the ES front bushings, they are circular on the inside. Wouldn't this be worse than the stock rubber bushings? I'm thinking the ES bushings would only make contact at four places on the sway bar, on each "corner" of the square. However the stock bushings have full contact with the bar. Wouldn't this lack of total contact cause more deflection in the bushing? Seems to me like there would be more flex.

Does anyone make a true OEM replacement eurethane pushing for the front sway bar?

·
Registered
387 Posts
Correct me if I'm wrong: The stock front sway bar has "square" portions for the bushings.
Correct.

Looking at the ES front bushings, they are circular on the inside. Wouldn't this be worse than the stock rubber bushings? I'm thinking the ES bushings would only make contact at four places on the sway bar, on each "corner" of the square.
Correct again.

However the stock bushings have full contact with the bar. Wouldn't this lack of total contact cause more deflection in the bushing? Seems to me like there would be more flex.
More than if the bushing were corectly shaped, yes. More than the stock bushing? Don't know. Probably not. But the grippy OEM design was done for reasons (steering response, etc) which are very subtle and I think you'll find a bunch of discussions on them on this board. Not the best idea to put replacement round bushings on the OEM grippy bar.

Does anyone make a true OEM replacement eurethane pushing for the front sway bar?
None that I know of.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts

·
Registered
387 Posts
These have flats for the Focus bar? If so, finally the companies are getting the picture!

I installed my Eibach front bar myself, and yes - the bushings and bar are a major PITA. I wouldn't do the job just to put bushing in - if I'm going that far, I'm changing the bar, too.

·
Registered
3,350 Posts
These have flats for the Focus bar? If so, finally the companies are getting the picture!

I installed my Eibach front bar myself, and yes - the bushings and bar are a major PITA. I wouldn't do the job just to put bushing in - if I'm going that far, I'm changing the bar, too.

Terrible of me to say this but I dunno!

I got them--forgot about them for a while--and when I had my flexpipe put in I grabbed them and had them put in as well.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts