Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

I bought my car used and was wondering if there was originally supposed to be some plastic panels underneath the front bumper that shield the horn/radiator/etc from water. I was underneath there changing the oil and noticed that there weren't any.

Thanks for any info...any kudo to anyone that can recommend a good online OEM part source for the Focus.

Thanks

·
Registered
10,601 Posts
That is why it sucks to have a CAI. Everything is open on the bottom which means all kind of crap can get up in there if you are not to careful

·
Registered
96 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info...

Tousley huh? Thats cool. They are right by where I grew up in MN.

·
Registered
1,080 Posts
Yeah - contact the member FORDSVTPARTS or call the parts department and ask for Steve. I've ordered plenty of parts from 'em - good guys and fast shipping.

·
Registered
355 Posts
The Focus doesn't come with anything, but I am thankful.

Our other car is a 2003 Passat, and it has a ginormous plastic POS under most of the front clip. What a joke. I hate the freaking thing. It can't possibly be worth the trouble, IMHO.

Over on the VW boards, you always hear about how the last 15 minute lube place didn't attach all the fasteners, and it comes flying off on the freeway at 70 mph. I'm very careful with it and make sure it is on properly, but am ever so glad the Focus doesn't have it.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Hey thought i saw someone on here list an underbody covering as a mod...anyone know who this is or where they got it? The sole reason i wouldn't go with a CAI is cause the SVTF doesn't have anything shielding it under there. While in most places that might not be an issue here (orlando,fl.) with all the damn rain/hurricanes/[censored] roads with 3 ft of water in them i wouldn't go with a CAI cause even if most think it wouldn't hurt anything...i will not/can't afford to risk it. MHO

·
Registered
57 Posts
um there is or should be an air scope somewhere down there.....i know this because i um accidently knocked mine clear off my 04.....(not the lip but it has clamps on the top part of raiator structure)

·
Registered
105 Posts
You talking about the airintake snorkel?! Yes we should all have that unless the engine's been modded and it's been removed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts