Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, the sound I gained from the FS CAI wasn't what I had expected. It's soo much better. I was expecting a almost buzzy type of sound, but this is soo much nicer. It sounds really deep and at WOT it is just beautiful. Plus, I can definatley feel the high end gains compared to stock, and the 3rd gear tire chirp.

·
Registered
2,945 Posts
I can definatley feel the high end gains compared to stock, and the 3rd gear tire chirp.
A cai is a beautiful thing on a duratec.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have a question, about my filter being wet after rain. Well I re-installed my splash shield and after a run on wet pavement, i noticed my itg filter was feeling wet. Will this harm the engine, or will the filter have to be fully soaked with water or submerged to harm the engine. There wwas just couple drops of water beaded up on the filter, so i wiped it down just incase.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
The filter will have to be fully submerged to harm the engine. If a little water gets into the engine, no harm done. Turbo or nitrous guys sometimes inject water into their engines just to cool the intake a little. The big problem comes when the filter is submerged, and the engine starts sucking water instead of air.

·
Official [FJ] Distinguished Advisor
19,806 Posts
Water injection to co0l combustion temperatures and reduce detonation is an old set up.

Goes way back.

To like when [/b]I[/b] was a kid...

·
DoubleStuf™
3,716 Posts
LOL... I think he's talking about steam engines.

·
Registered
279 Posts
I get my FS intake tomorrow. Thanks Egg for the good news about it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts