Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just got it today...I see 3 gaskets ...should i have 4 to connect the flexpipe to the stock cat? Or can i just use the one alread on the cat?

·
Premium Member
5,524 Posts
You only need 3...

First one goes between the cat and the flex pipe.

Second goes between the flex pipe and the foward-most section of the cat-back.

The front and middle pieces of the FS exhaust slip together. You should have a clamp that goes around the outside and compresses these together.

The third gasket goes between the back of the center exhaust section and the rear-most exhaust piece.

That should do it.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
thanks for your help

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Instead of starting a new post I've decided to just put my thoughts together in here.

I ordered my flexpipe and exhaust from FS last Friday...I got my shipment this Friday but not without some problems along the way.

I wanted the supplies shipped the office I work at instead of my house because someone will always be at the office to sign for any package for me.

I put the office address on my order form and contacted FS as to why I did so. They told me that their policy requires that I sign a release form and such because my home address is on my credit card, not the office I work at. I sign it and fax it back and I thought everything was set and I was golden to receive my package without problem.

On my original order form, and my consent form, I put down the address of the building and my suite number. I received an e-mail from UPS and my suite number was not on the shipping address. So I contacted FS to tell them, and I get an e-mail back saying that they will take care of it Friday when the package is in my area. I live in Michigan, so when a UPS truck leaves at 8 or 9 in the morning here, its 4 or 5 in the morning in the FS time zone. How could they take of my problem reasonably on Friday when FS doesn't open until 8 or 9 their time?

I just so happened to be in the office Friday and I happened to notice a UPS truck. I went down to the truck and told the guy about my package with no suite number. He told me that if I wouldn't have gone down there, I wouldn't have received my package because no changes to the address were made. Basically for whatever reason, this problem was not fixed and I lucked out because I was at the office right when the UPS guy showed up.

So I get home and open my box just to find that the paste for my exhaust is open and gew was everywhere and the paste hardened. I don't know if I can make use of it still because I'm not sure how dried out it is and I won't know until I need to use it because I'm not sure how much I need.

I went through the paper in the box to find my invoice sheet coiled up into a ball. My credit card info was on the receipt and I like to keep good track of that info. I just wasn't thrilled about finding it in a pile of newspaper pages for padding.

All this stuff is pretty minor I know. But honestly, enough small problems leave a bad taste in my mouth. I had a bad first experience with FS but I am not going to stop ordering from them. If their exhaust performs well, I will continue to buy stuff on a monthly basis. I'm just posting all this in hope that maybe they can put a little more care into their packages and pay a little more attention to the additional information regarding shipping addresses, simply because the suite number was just overlooked.

I'm not bad mouthing FS, I'm sure their a great company. I had a bad first experience and I just thought others should know.

Thank you.
Joseph A. Cadeau

1 - 4 of 4 Posts