Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First hats off to the guys out at Focus sport for making great products. This afternoon I installed w/ the help of two friends the race header and flexpipe, and let me tell you these two mods are worth every dollar!!! It took us 5 hours to complete the job and the sound is great. I feel the gains right after 4k and feels like no restrictions at all. I do have the HKS exhaust to compliment it along w/ their silencer and lets say the exhaust noise is tolerable and only gets loud, but not crazy loud until after 3500, but anything below that is pure silence, i mean stock! But I do have some questions:

1. I do not have the first O2 sensor hooked up, do i just dig out the extra loom from where the extra slack is and connect? THe 02 sensor is in, but the plugs aren't connected waiting on the eliminator, but am i suppose to plug it in?

2. Cranked the engine and pure smoke like steam came out of the heads, is this normal? I'm thinking the header is adjusting to the gasket and will eventually cure itself.

3. The nasty smell (rotten eggs, as some describe) will that me forever due to no cat, or will that smell eventually leave?

SOrry for the long post, but tomorrow will be photo day and I'll have some short (15 second movie/audio clips made) it's about time somebody post a header/flexpipe/hks set-up. Thanks again

Patrick

·
Registered
1,167 Posts
You rock. Cant answer any of your questions but I dont want to hear and see some of your vids and pics.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
1)the eliminator goes on the 2nd o2 sensor
2)the smoke and smell are just the coating burning off. a few miles and it should be gone.

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Actually the smell you're talking about is human oils burning. You guys were obviously handling it before you put it on the car. The heat now is starting to burn off those oils that were naturally on you hands. I love that smell (even though it does smell bad), because it means my cars is going to be faster

·
Registered
2,434 Posts
3. The nasty smell (rotten eggs, as some describe) will that me forever due to no cat, or will that smell eventually leave?
No...a car without a cat smells like a lawnmower. That's just how it is

·
Registered
2,838 Posts
Are we talking about the engine bay smelling or the exhaust fumes? Engine bay will smell for a little bit because of what I said earlier, but exhaust fumes smelling like eggs? Hmmmmm...I've had no cat for a while now and never smelled it before from my fumes....maybe the rice I beat do though

·
Registered
299 Posts
I put on the FC Race Header, BS Flexpipe, and magnaflow catback this weekend. It took us about 3 and 1/2 hours. Pretty simple install...damn it's loud and pulls alot harder.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the info guys.. My UDP will be in Tuesday so I should gain just 1 or 2 more horses w/ that. It took us about 5hrs just to put the header/flex on. My friend is a manager at "Play it again SPorts" and we did it all in the back of the store. What sucked was trying to take the EGR valve off.. that alone took about 30-45 minutes. The car does pull a lot stronger pass 4k for me and I'm love'n it.. I"m going to paint my silencer flat black to give the illusion of no silencer at all. The exhaust looks really cheap and ghetto w/ that silencer on.. but it's fairly quiet until you punch it.

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Any updates on the sound clips?

Also, what 'silencer' do you have? Is it removeable?

·
Registered
5,620 Posts
I have the stock header+FC offroad pipe+FS flexpipe+HKS hiper exhaust

the sound is nothing short of spine tingling!!

I will be replacing the stock header and ORP with a FocusSport 4-1 race header.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah, it's a sweet set-up.. I did make those sound clips, but I can't find a site to host them.. If anybody out there knows where I can put them... I would really like to know. Give you guys an idea of what the sound like.
BTW both clips are ~3MB

·
Registered
94 Posts
damn i have the FC race header and I've been thinking about trying the FS RH and this has definately made my decision

·
Registered
41 Posts
I Have the HKS Catback and have been pinching pennies ($70.00 short) to get the fs race header and flex so could you Please! email the sound clips to me. Please!!!
[email protected]

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
OK... I know you guys want these sound clips.. But I tried 10 times at work here, and they can't seem to want to email them.. It's probably, because the your server.. yahoo, hotmail, aol will not support a 2.5MB and 2.2MB files.. I tried sending invidually, but no help..I'll ask some pple at work if they know of any good web hosting sites... This is really irritating, because I want you guys to hear it..

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Check out the update Post i put up this morning.. there's a link to the clips.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts