Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FS race header o2\'s

Is anybody using an O2 cheater with the FS race header? If so, which color O2 did you plug it into? I think the green O2 goes in the back and the blue O2 goes in the front. Am i right?

·
Registered
2,089 Posts
Re: FS race header o2\'s

Green O2 is Front and Blue is rear. The Cheater should be BLUE right? Therefore goes in the REAR!

**EDIT**on the race header, dunno if it matter which one is in front? BUT, be sure NOT to put the cheater on the GREEN wire, this would be BAD!

[ 11-26-2002, 12:04 PM: Message edited by: Jays2000ZX3 ]

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

Can i have confirmation from someone else also? please

[ 11-26-2002, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: tsmithr1 ]

·
Registered
717 Posts

Well, I can't give you a definite answer, but here's what I'm doing:

In stock configuration, the green sensor goes before the cat, and the blue one after the cat. However, due to wiring lengths, apparently, the FS race header instructions tell you to reverse this when you install the sensors into the header.

Now the computer may only look at the difference between the two, or it may look at the green one as a reference, and the blue one for the "modified by the cat" value. I don't know. You might want to ask noresull in TEAM Tech.

I have a cheater harness on the way, and I plan on plugging it into the blue one, even though it's physically the first one down the pipe, just to be safe.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

I have a O2 cheater and this is what i'm gonna do:
I'll put the green up front and the blue with O2 cheater on the back. Will the wires reach and i'll it work?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts