Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How do you install this? On focussport it says it takes about 5 minutes, I know it's just like 2 screws on each side but I mean, how loose or tight do I make em, stuff like that. And how much improvement if any at all will it make? Some people are saying it's not good to have it, cause focus's are suppose to give a lil roll on a turn, some people say it's just there for looks, and some people say it could make you flip...lol...

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
How do you install this? On focussport it says it takes about 5 minutes, I know it's just like 2 screws on each side but I mean, how loose or tight do I make em, stuff like that. And how much improvement if any at all will it make? Some people are saying it's not good to have it, cause focus's are suppose to give a lil roll on a turn, some people say it's just there for looks, and some people say it could make you flip...lol...
wow..... okay, I'll be helpful. But first off, front one or back? I'm assuming front, but who knows. Just line it up, take teh nuts off and slip the bar on there, and retighten nuts down. Not sure on torque specs. And yeah, the front one is mostly just for looks.... It might help, but with how close the strut towers are to the firewall, I'd say it is negligible.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
yes, for the front. So it's that simple? Put it on, screw it on tight, done? That quick? Wow....

·
Liter-a-cola? I measure my drinks in YARDS!
9,786 Posts
yes, for the front. So it's that simple? Put it on, screw it on tight, done? That quick? Wow....
That's it. Unless you want to drink a beer or twenty, the longest part should be getting all the tools out.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
Just DO NOT OVER-Torque the nuts!!
You'll snap a stud in a hurry, then you'll have to take it ALL apart and replace the strut mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts