Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I heard from someone that I could put SVT valve springs in my ZX3. I'm planning on installing some Crower Stage II's and wanted to put better springs in but don't want to spend much cash on them.

Has anyone tried this??? i heard they would allow for more lift and were stiffer as well.

·
Registered
826 Posts
The seat pressure is the same, why would want to do that? Also the SVT valve springs are much longer to compensate for the longer SVT valves.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
idk honestly what springs ur lookin at nader. had both springs in my hands yesterday, their the same stack, and pressure at 1in is 15-20lbs heavier. which concurs w/hank at ford racing who was on the phone w/ray as we were testing them, they're gonna put them in w/the ford racing heads now.

-Ult

·
Registered
826 Posts
The SVT head we ported had springs that were considerably longer from what I recall. When we tested the seat pressure there was hardly any difference.

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
the springs we tested in question were ordered out of the ford catalog, dont recall the # but they were listed as SVT springs, and cost was quite low (so it was an upgrade spring, but a stock svt springs). and all the springs vs 2 sets of stock zetec springs, results were the same across the boards. double check on what u have...i could understand u all havin enuff on ur plate 2 remember everythin.

-Ult

·
Registered
826 Posts
Here are some pics to back up what I was saying. I went and double checked with the engine shop this morning and this is what I found.

·
TEAM Member
2,059 Posts
What kind of installed height are you at on your standard head?
According to my installed height of 1.385 I have .510 to spring bind with a seat pressure of 45 lbs versus 30 lbs on a stock spring.

·
Registered
826 Posts
OK, there was some confusion before. This is possible if you by 16 intake valve springs, the exhaust spring is a big no no. Cool.

·
Registered
460 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
So if I buy 16 intake springs and install them would it make much of a difference over the stock zetec springs? Sorry for all the questions but I don't know a hole lot about cams and spring pressures.

And secondly...where would be the best place to buy the springs from?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts