Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm curious as to what you focus moders have found to be the best modification for fuel efficiency. I'm looking to start changing things, but any mod that gets me some cash back is a good one to start with, in my opinion. So, which one, and how much did it help ya? Thanks

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
taking proper care of ur car will do wonders in that dept.

on a more serious note...anythin that helps the flow, intake and/or exhaust, of the engine. the easier it is 4 the engine 2 output a certain power required, the better mpg due 2 efficiency. its only starts 2 hurt when u start adding things/tuning things at the pt where the engine needs more fuel.

4 example, replacin the stock cat w/anythin (hi flow cat, ORP, race header anythin) usually yields better mpg. i've proven it. had the car stock 4 a while, then used a ORP=better mpg, sold ORP, stocker back on=mpg down, now i'm tryin out a high flow cat=mpg back up.

mind u ur mpg will suffer if u like 2 'try out' ur new found power

-Ult

·
Registered
636 Posts
i dont care what anyone says, but get the tornado, it was probably the best fuel saver i had. i just took it out cuz it now wont fit in my AEM intake, had it in my OBX intake and now i noticed that i dont get as much milage. i put it in my wifes car, and she has totally noticed a difference. so thats my .02$

·
Registered
1,945 Posts
"the amazing, fuel saving tornado!"

you guys realize that adding swirl just after the air filter does nothing to help fuel mix because fuel is injected into the intake manifold right before the valves...by that time, the air has gone through so many bends and tube sizes there is no way its still swirling, at least not how the tornado meant it to. plus, didn't naz actually test one back in teh day and said it was absolutely, factually, proven worthless?

·
Registered
379 Posts
I have good gain in MPG with just CAI. but lost it all with MAS in cunjunction with larger injectors

·
Driver > Car
23,988 Posts
i noticed an increase with my pulleys and chip and shortram and catback...

but- i ... drive to accomodate new found fun and make about the same or a little less.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by fokuzsport:
i dont care what anyone says, but get the tornado, it was probably the best fuel saver i had. i just took it out cuz it now wont fit in my AEM intake, had it in my OBX intake and now i noticed that i dont get as much milage. i put it in my wifes car, and she has totally noticed a difference. so thats my .02$
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">tornado is vaporware.
h
No gains in an electronic fuel injected car.

If you believe that the tornado works in our cars, then I got a bridge to sell you.

technically mods can improve mpg, however you will drive a lot faster.

my mods didn't really change my mpg, it stayed around the same, however my driving style is a lot more ........exuberant..

1 - 11 of 11 Posts