Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am the proud owner of a 2000 Focus. I bought it new and it's been great. Driven it coast to coast. I just turned over 75 thou and now it's running poorly. It acts like at low rpm under load while accelerating, it cuts out. Kind of like someone is flicking the on/off switch. If I back off the gas it'll smooth out or if I down shift and get on it, it'll smooth out. Is this a problem that someone has had and already figured out? I'm guessing something fuel related, but it's just a guess. I took it in when Ford recalled the fuel pump. Could it be that the one they installed is already bad? Any help will be really appreciated! Thanks!

·
Devil's Advocate. Just to cheese you off.
6,880 Posts
it could be bad again. the fuel filter isn't too hard to change though. They should have replaced that when they did the pump, too.

·
Registered
74 Posts
the only thing i can suggest is taking it to a local shop and have the intake cleaned is a two part process that will clean out the injectors and the intake we at jiffy lube do this for 59.99 and the also do the fuel filter the same time

·
Registered
292 Posts
def. do the fuel filter, i did mine cause it was losing power and cutting out a bit, and when i took the old one off, it was nothing but brown ( i don't mean a brownish tint, i mean brown brown!! ) and it was so horrible inside it's amazing the car got any fuel to it at all.. lol. i hate missouri gas.. now that i'm on the east coast i run nothing but BP so hopefully it'll stay cleaner. but yeah, the filter made a huge dif. on mine.

·
Registered
326 Posts
it could be bad again. the fuel filter isn't too hard to change though. They should have replaced that when they did the pump, too.
I just dropped my car at the dealer today to have the fuel pump replaced.....he told me they will not change the fuel filter under this "program" they call it.....so when I pick my car up tommorrow i will bring her home and change her filter

1 - 5 of 5 Posts