Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In my quest for the choice between turbo or all-motor for daily street & all out fun I've been trying to figure out how to get the most but still stay Cali legal (or atleast try - I have smog ref friends) I want to be able to use gas local to me (91oct) so here's the question: If I were to have the head milled (.010 gives me up 1 notch 9->10 right?) would it still be possible **read safe** to up to a 10:1 piston (I know it's a little more than 10 but you know the piston I'm refering to) and still be able to use 91
currently I have a diablo, street headers, cam gears(0,0), exhaust, UDP & I'd be willing to get injectors & I want to have cams if I go this route too and probably other stuff, I'm just trying see what I like better & what I can do with this crappy 91 - thanx

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Tom?? P?? I know some one here knows this one... How much compression is too much for 91oct???(safely)

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
you guys suck

·
Registered
234 Posts
I don't think it's possible to know until you test it. The compression ratio is one variable, but there is also the timing, and ambient cylinder temp, and spark plug gap, and voltage, and about a hundred other variables.

You'd need to test it.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts