Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,538 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anybody tried using the PCM's built-in fuel pressure warning thingamabob? I haven't read about it in a long time, but as I recall it gets "armed" if fuel pressure drops low enough, and then if the pressure stays below a particular level for a specific length of time, it would light the MIL.

It seems like it would be a handy thing to have activated in my tune, since I'm pretty sure it remains dormant until all hell breaks loose, i.e. I don't think there's any down-side to having it turned on all the time. And I've got the "last of the Mohicans" fuel pump version, as my pump was replaced under warranty about a month before the improved one became available.

This could be one of those features that doesn't apply to the Focus, or hasn't been enabled in the SCT software, so I figured I'd ask before wasting much time playing with it.

·
Registered
3,212 Posts
You are smart to be leery of that pump.... my first replacement pump went out after a year or two. First signs were indications on the Safeguard during transitions were there had been none. Then you could feel something off, and more indications, then it just fell flat on its face when giving it gas.... I think I logged fuel rail PSI at 7 or 8.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts