Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quick question. With the Xcal2 and live link is there a way I can log fuel pressure? I couldnt see it but thought I would ask.

Thanks

·
Registered
431 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What should I be looking for when datalogging the fuel pressure? Should if be a consistent #?

·
Registered
1,188 Posts
Is there anyway to have the pump turn up the pressure as its demanded more and more? I have Pressure set at 65PSI. I notice on some hard runs, itll go to 35 - 40 PSI. Is there away in the software to turn up the sensitivity? I think i know what to change to help, but i am not sure which way to go??

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
What should I be looking for when datalogging the fuel pressure? Should if be a consistent #?
If you're looking for problems, you'll want to keep an eye out for big fluctuations in pressure. And of course, if you change the fuel pressure, just be sure you know what you are doing.

·
Registered
24,330 Posts
Is there anyway to have the pump turn up the pressure as its demanded more and more? I have Pressure set at 65PSI. I notice on some hard runs, itll go to 35 - 40 PSI. Is there away in the software to turn up the sensitivity? I think i know what to change to help, but i am not sure which way to go??
You can go into the Functions > Returnless Fuel Pump > DESIRED PRESSURE DROP ACROSS INJECTORS and adjust that table. Sounds like you are already messing with it, but you can change it based on #_mass - you'll just need to create some data for the left column. That might be a little tricky to come up with, but sometimes you just gotta get in there and start tweeking.

And also, I think the pressure you are requesting is too high. If that's what it takes to get the fuel you need, perhaps it's time for bigger injectors or maybe a boost-a-pump.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts