Ford Focus Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Ok....so far i have been reading people problems and exchanges and to my surprise soo soooo many of you people that post never get back and update nor give the solution to whatever your problem was. With that said i found one post on FPDM and then it was said it was moved to ICE? Where is ICE? what is ICE? So i will ask my question here for a 2002 ford focus zx 5 2.0L as i have replaced the TCP, fuel pump, grounded every grounf washer, nut, Grounding source etc and think the FPDM has got to be the culprit of my problems cause no tune up gonna fix this. Alt and charging is good but with the FPDM (If i buy an new one aftermarket) i see some say you have to get it reprogrammed and some say plug and play. Can i just get a qualified answer to that question?
UPDATE
I did get a new fpdm for my 2002 ZX5 and it did not fix the problem. Called the dealership and asked if it needed to be programmed and he said that it was plug and play so no programming needed but that newer models (Dont know the years do need to be programmed) So ask the dealer is my suggestion if ya think you might have to have it reprogrammed. Also talked to a friend worked for Ford Maintenance shop of 15 yrs if the FPDM's are as solid as they say they are and he said they are almost bullet proof. Welp...off to the IAC which I should of checked on first

· Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Basically chasing ghost and gremlins in a used ford focus i bought. the symptoms it was giving and test nicks in cables and fuel pump and electric tape hiding things from other mechanics got me chasing all kinds of stuff

1 - 3 of 3 Posts