Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, it happened. In the worse place I could hope for...Going across the I-5 bridge between Vancouver Washingtion and Portland Oregon. I'm buzzing along enjoying the tunes and BAM!! Sputter...sputter...cough...cough. Crap! Gotta clean the filters AGAIN!!. I managed to make it to a gas station right off I-5...figured I'd top the tank off to get ABOVE the canister and be on my way.

No such luck. Cranked the engine over for about 15 seconds and thought screw it, I'll pull it right here and clean them. WHAT!!!! The filters were spotless!!! Shoot, now what. I thought...the pump?? I hooked the power back up to the modual and hit the starter...ummm, no pump sounds. I grabbed the spare fuel pump I had with me (doesn't everyone carry a spare fuel pump?
) and swapped it out for the OEM stock pump. Plugged into the harness and hit the switch. Damn thing almost flipped out of my hand from the torque.

Well, put the canister back in and hit the switch. Cranked for about 5 seconds and VROOOM...back to life!

The moral of my story:

It sure is nice having an access panel so I can swap out a fuel pump in under 5 minutes!

·
Registered
556 Posts
I want one
Yah removing the whole tank sucked
Nice one

1 - 2 of 2 Posts