Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I do the RWD conversion I will have to use a fuel cell. I'm wondering if an inline pump will work, or if the computer will hate that? Doesn't the computer control the pump/fuel pressure? Or is it all or nothing?

Also, is there a seperate fuel level sensor, or is it part of the pump?

Thanks!

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Ya, I don't know either...

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
The ECU will not know how the fuel PSI is getting there just that it is there and at what PSI it is

You will need to do a return system on it any way and i can go over that with you when the time comes

Tom

·
Registered
3,601 Posts
When I do the RWD conversion I will have to use a fuel cell. I'm wondering if an inline pump will work, or if the computer will hate that? Doesn't the computer control the pump/fuel pressure? Or is it all or nothing?

Also, is there a seperate fuel level sensor, or is it part of the pump?

Thanks!
The fuel level sensor is part of the canister. You'll need to find something else unless you mount the old canister in the new tank. Those four tangs on the bottom...they twist and lock into a holder at the bottom of the tank. You can also see where our favorite disk filter mounts in this photo and how far I opened up the check-valve port.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ok, that just about does it

Thanks.

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
One of the companies that makes V8/RWD conversion kits makes a tank for the hatch area that retains the factory fuel pump and sender.
I checked the web and didn't find anything related to reusing the stock tank. The guys from the SVT did, but I don't believe they are actually selling components.

·
Registered
659 Posts
check your email i sent you a few pictures

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
check your email i sent you a few pictures
Coo. That might be an option if I reuse the stock tank

1 - 9 of 9 Posts