Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i was driving my focus yesterday and i started pushing it around 5ooo rpm in 2nd gear and the car started to bogg down.when i kept the pressure on it shut off and/ or almost shut off. in the past the car would surge while driving. even though it didn't happen all the while. the dealer never found any problems they said. last year one of the mechanics reprogramed my computer. i noticed the car felt more powerfull and responsive. i started getting around 300- 320 miles on a full tank. after leaving my lights on and needing a jump start. the car went back to it's old self. miles per tank is around 240 now like before ecu reprogram.
need help.... esp when you are broke and have no warrenty. i'm afraid it will shut off on the road

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The following day i changed my fuel filter(at 36,300 miles). when i went to change the filter, i just took it off. did i have to purge the air out of the tank? anyway, the car felt better, but that monday it shut off as i was coming out of my drive way. their is no cel on. when i did change the filter, the gas was very dark... almost a light brown, and there were alot of formed elements in it. i am wondering if dirt got into my injectors. i really need some assistance, please help guys!

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Techincally you should change your filter every 15k miles.

did the service advisor do a fuel pressure test?

[ 12-10-2002, 01:26 PM: Message edited by: Shiva Chaos ]

·
Registered
293 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I did not change the filter at the dealer. i did it at my house. I did not do a pressure test. how do i do it ant what tools do i need?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts