Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey doods, ran the 3 on the dyno again saturday and pulled a few less hp than previously. I had em run a wideband o2 sniffer and it doesn't look good. I was running about 97 octane, this may have been part of the problem. My a/f ratio bounced around 15 and spiked a couple times at 16 until about 4500rpm, then it seems like the computer figured out it was lean and dumped a bunch of fuel because it dropped dramatically at 4500 down to below 12 the slowly climbed again to 14 by redline. Any suggestions? From what I understand it should be pretty steady around 12-12.5. My next mod is a custom chip from tom, with a fuel map, can this be programmed in to be fixed? The new racing season starts sunday, I'd like to get it sorted out asap. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

G

crowerII's, tb, race hdr, borla catback, blah blah 140hp 135ft/lbs [email protected]

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
unless you are using a chip, you shouldn't be running 97 octane. maybe 91 because you're have cams, but 97 is awfully high.

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
correct, i dyno'd higher on 93 than on 91 so i just wanted to see if I could gain one or two hp, it was dyno wars, money on the line and all. sooooo...how bout that a/f problem?

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Nothing eh? All the tuners on here, somebody's gotta know fuel solutions, you'd think anyways.

·
Senior TEAM Member
4,821 Posts
Yours would be a good car to play with the ?????

What was it called the fuel controler from Sean H that controled the fuel at diff. RPM

Tom

[ 01-30-2003, 06:55 AM: Message edited by: 1turbofocus ]

·
Registered
1,477 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, there are a few of those out now, but lots of moolah. Trying to save up for a clutch is bad enough.
Anyone got one they'd like to donate? hehe. Hey tom, scotty's been talking to you about a chip/clutch/etc for my car, can you tell me if a chip could help in this area? The whole reason I was running the o2 wideband was to get the fuel map so I could send it to you and get a chip soon. Any ideas? Could it simply be the high octane gas? Unless someone can tell me, I'll probably have to end up taking it back and running again for another $50 on 91 octane to find out. Lemme know whatcha think. Later doods

g

[ 01-30-2003, 10:00 AM: Message edited by: mr.squatch ]

1 - 7 of 7 Posts