Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
gents...

plan on replacing stock rotors with EBC on all 4 corners w/green EBC pads, new stainless hoses. anyone have any inputs on EBC? trust 'em? like 'em? hate 'em?

any extra inputs are encouraged...

if not EBC, who? these factory breaks have been squealing for the past 10kmiles...hehe...anyway, they need to go QUICK!

thanks for the feedback!

·
I'll Buy YOUR car for $10,000!!!
3,602 Posts
I wasnt impressed with EBC green stuff pads, just as much brake dust as stock ones and didnt last that long. I switched to Motorcraft, and then to the BAT setup. Still alot of brake dust, but they have lasted alot longer than EBC.

·
Banned
5,338 Posts
i have always looked at hawk pads, the hps pads. a little pricey but i think they should do good

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts
Ran EBC RED and they lasted 1500 miles. Drove a E36 328I with EBC GREEN and was not impressed at all. Maybe it weas the car, maybe the brakes.

·
Registered
438 Posts
I went with EBC rotors and green pads; at the beginning lots of noise from the slotted rotor, and wheel vibration during slow in to hard stops. After few thousand miles noise goes away, but on highways speeds sudden breaking will make your wheel to vibrate. For almost 10 k miles the rotors look like new, and the break pads look like NEW compare to the stock ones and very low dust the dust is not black but light brown. However this worries me cause the break pads are so hard on the rotors that the rotors are badly warped up, and have hot spots, in a long braking the rotors are easily overheated by those hard pads, making them to vibrate. Sometimes I thing that is a wrong setup.

I don't have anything against EBC pads, and I love the rotors they look solid, and after 10 K, they look like new except hot spots. No rust no nothing

Pads very hard and after 10 K they look like new
I did break test about 1 week ago. And because of the bad shaped rotors, I was sliding on break rotors not stopping. From 60 to 0.

I just ordered new break pads stock, and going to put stock rotors, and eat the dust and bleed the system

1 - 5 of 5 Posts