Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, i want the FC shorty header, i know i will need the offroad pipe, O2 sensor adapter or whatever, then what else do I need, i know i need a cat back system but what goes in between?? i know i need a catalytic converter also!! fill me in guys!! lol, i have been into the car audio scene and just now getting into performance

·
Registered
375 Posts
the offroad pipe will eliminate the cat and the 02 cheater will make your car think that the cat is on there (you'll need one or the CEL will come on after awhile. So if you are going with the offroad pipe, you'll need
1. Exhaust header (FC Shorty)
2. Offroad pipe w/ 02 Cheater
3. Flex pipe to go between the offroad pipe and the catback
4. a catback exhaust

Hope this helps...

·
Registered
409 Posts
Random Technology makes a bolt-on high flow cat
that directly replaces the stock one, and even has all the O2 sensor bungs in place. The only thing it doesn't use is the heat shield. It sounds mean with the upward bend shorti header,
a flex pipe (2.25" FC) & an HKS hyper exhaust.
You can call them direct, order on the web, or
go through McNus Auto (ask for Ray).

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
I agree..The off road pipe is more for ppl who ALREADY have a shorty header installed on there car..so it would be smart and a wise choice to go with a Race Header-Flex Pipe-Exhaust...it will be the best money you can spend on your car right there!

·
Registered
657 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok, in my other post, this is a reply that i got!!

A shorty header bolts up to the stock catalytic converter. A shorty header is like a stock header with better flow (we hope). A race header replaces the cat with a straight pipe.

·
Registered
1,535 Posts
Originally posted by foci:
ok, i want the FC shorty header, i know i will need the offroad pipe, O2 sensor adapter or whatever, then what else do I need, i know i need a cat back system but what goes in between?? i know i need a catalytic converter also!! fill me in guys!! lol, i have been into the car audio scene and just now getting into performance
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">If you are going to keep your catalytic converter:
1. Shorty Header
2. Stock Cat
3. Flexpipe
4. CatBack Exhaust.

If you are going to not keep your catalytic converter:
1. Race Header
2. Flexpipe
3. 02 Cheater
4. Catback Exhaust

[ 10-20-2002, 12:16 PM: Message edited by: Shiva Chaos ]

·
Registered
258 Posts
if you are going to get an offroad pipe, you might as well just get the race header for a little bit more money (i think). i base this on reading what is on this site, since i dont have any aftermarket exhaust on my car.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts