1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts

yeah, I'd rock this one.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
I still hate rat rods. But the bus and the VW flatbed are the epitome of awesome.

·
Banned
4,105 Posts
I know there's a late 70's Lincoln Continental for sale here where I live. Looks like a 76-78. 4 doors, North Carolina blue with white top and interior.

My buddy just bought a 78 Continental from the same place, runs great, not a dent, scratch, or imperfection on it, interior or exterior, 80K miles on it. Paid $3500 for it. His is dark blue with peanut butter leather interior.

Cleanest ride I've seen in a while, and he didn't even have to do anything to it.

I can get details on the blue one that's for sale here if anyone is interested.

·
Banned
4,105 Posts

I love rat rods, but that one needs some bigger tires in the back, some big wide meats on the back end of it, then it would be sweet.

·
Pron Star
14,609 Posts

I love rat rods, but that one needs some bigger tires in the back, some big wide meats on the back end of it, then it would be sweet.
I would drive this as a daily driver. This thing so ROCKS! I think I was born 30 years too late.

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
I would drive this as a daily driver. This thing so ROCKS! I think I was born 30 years too late.
what I never understood is why you cant paint a rat rod.
I mean, its still fab'd from old oem parts and using an old stock engine, whats wrong with paint?

·
Registered
1,675 Posts
Nice pics Kris! I love Rat Rods!!!!

Although I've got a sweet spot for V-dubs. That yellow one would be almost perfect for me.

·
Registered
1,316 Posts
that rod looks like this one in Greenwood.

Jason

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I'd love to do a little roadster/pickup with a built ITB'd Duratec in it.
Already been done. It was featured in Hot Rod Magazine earlier this year. I could not believe it when I saw that Duratec in a rod like that.

I can't find that issue, it is here somewhere!

Tony D
Yep, the gold one. But it's more of a little race car... I'd want a 28/29 fendered roadster pickup body to start with. Baby blue primer with appropriate white/red pinstriping, red steelies with chrome trim rings & old Ford moon caps, white walls, white interior. Chrome-to-the-hilt motor.

·
Almost choked on a Girl Scout ...cookie
16,227 Posts
I want a 64 Lincoln Conti so damn bad it hurts
There was a flamed 'vert sitting next to my brother's Judge at the show last weekend.
It was beautiful!
I would have preffered it without the flame job, but it was well done.
One of my favorite cars of all time!

·
Registered
194 Posts
I think that flat black old school flame car belongs to Jesse James. Or at least I think Ive seen him driving it on his show before.

·
WRAWRRR, BEAR CLAW!
19,258 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
I want a 64 Lincoln Conti so damn bad it hurts
There was a flamed 'vert sitting next to my brother's Judge at the show last weekend.
It was beautiful!
I would have preffered it without the flame job, but it was well done.
One of my favorite cars of all time!
TOO BAD YOUR BATTERIES WEREN'T CHARGED, HUH.

·
Registered
8,101 Posts
1 - 20 of 20 Posts