Ford Focus Forum banner

Fund Raising for axOn 11X14 inch Focus Lithograph....Please READ!!

3K views 113 replies 57 participants last post by  poSSumX 
#1 ·
Hey guys, some of you know me, some of you dont.

I really dont know axOn that well, but the couple of times we have chatted have been very friendly, even if he wasn't I would still be proposing this.

As some of you may recall, in September of 2001, I had a few hundred of those recalled Focus Brochures showing the Twin Towers, and posted in Pit Stop that I would send anyone a brochure who would donate at least $10.00 dollars to the Red Cross on PayPal and forwarded me the receipt, well, that managed to raise a little more than $2,000 (keep in mind that it was a couple of weeks after 9/11 and everyone had already donated something before) And I paid all of the postal charges, something in the neighborhood of $400.00

I am an eBay Power Seller, and was going to have an artist draw a lithograph of a few Foci in front of a speed shop...it would remble something like this:

And sell them on eBay for $15.00 plus shipping.

Having talked it over with Ron, he gave me thumbs up to do this here. We are also going to call the speed shop Focaljet Speed Shop, Focaljet Turbo or something along those lines, and use the FJ logo.

It's going to cost just over $250.00 to get her to do this litho with reprinting rights, and about $4.50 for each print.

What I need to know is that how many of you would be interested in this to give the artist an idea of how many lithos I initially need to order.

Just put me, or I'm in on your reply, and I will try and update it as time permits ( I have to tear apart threads from time to time in Team SR, but I promise I will make time for this as well....
)

At first, $5.00 per litho will go directly to axOn and his family until the initial cost of the print is paid for (about $250.00) then $10.00 (Basically the entire profit) per print will go to axOn until he finds out what is wrong with his wife.

There is about a two week lead time from the time Iplace the order with her until the litho is complete.

We are going to use three cars so far.
Tammy's Saleen
A SVT Focus
and Broken Johns Focus ( a great kit)

There will also be one with a Wings West W kit on it, and maybe a sedan thrown in the background.

The litho is going to be in Black and White though, exactly like the one above to make it more suitable for everyone, and cheaper to reproduce.

I am also happy to listen to any suggestions any of you may have, but before you post a suggestion, type I'm In, if you want one of these before you type anything else.

By the way, keep donating to axOn, and I will take care of the ones who donate now, and not wait until the print is done.

Their need for cash is immediate right now, even though the hospital will accept payments, lets not make the payment plan needed. If a website like this with over 11,000 members can't raise $2,800 for a fellow member then we should all question priorities.

Order one less drink, dont rent or buy that DVD, and lets take care of one of our own first.

I would do this for each and everyone of you, even the ones I have had disagreements with in the past.

axons PayPal addy:

webmaster@focushacks.com

[ 04-30-2003, 11:05 AM: Message edited by: teamford ]

See less See more
#3 ·
It's going to a frame quality 11x14 lithograph or print.

Please note: The PHOTO above is smaller than actual size....lol

It's one inch shorter than a footlong hot dog on the sides and two inches longer than a footlong hot dog on the top and bottom.

It will be very nice!

[ 04-30-2003, 12:35 AM: Message edited by: teamford ]

#6 ·
I'll make sure there are a of Stock models of each styles in the background somewhere for sure.

The main cars will have mods on them though, after all its a speed shop...lol...the Focus looks like it should be parked in Front of Kroger without some mods, IMO

[ 04-30-2003, 12:57 AM: Message edited by: teamford ]

#8 ·
Ok, so we place our order here, then paypal you 15? If I'm understanding this, I'm in.

Edit: ax0n, you've got paypal. Its not much, but I havent started my next job.

[ 05-01-2003, 12:50 AM: Message edited by: Jimmy ]

#9 ·
if you want to go ahead an paypal it to aXon, go right ahead, just save your reciept for a couple of weeks, cause after they are done, I will post it and let everyone that I know paid that they are on their way, all I would want is for those people who pay now to forward their receipt to me.

I would like for everyone to pay him now so he doesn't have to do the payment plan for the MRI.

#12 ·
I'm in. I would love to see a sedan up front too. Us sedan owners are always getting screwed. Can you maybe PM me a address to send money to. I have like negative on my credit card. So I'd like to send a money order. I'll of course give alittle more than 15.

#16 ·
Definetely a sedan please. If not the stock one, go with a Wings West sedan or a RS.
Thanks!

#19 ·
I'm in, PayPal already sent for $15 + a little bit more to try and help out.

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE, a sedan in the front....PLEASE. Us sedan owners get soo jaked!!

Oh yeah, since my PayPal email is not my FJ email, how will you match it up to me? I put my FJ screen name in the title/comments of the PayPal.

PM me or email my FJ email (possumx@attbi.com) for the PayPal email addy if needed.

[ 04-30-2003, 09:05 AM: Message edited by: poSSumX ]

#21 ·
Ok ... let me just make sure I'm understanding this right ... right now we're just posting to show interest in this litho that we would be purchasing off of ebay ... but right now ax0n's paypal addy is posted so we can send donations to him of our choosing ... but by paypal'ing him, we're not paying for the litho's right? ...

(I paypal'ed ax0n some money on my own ... I just want to make sure that I'm clear on how the lithos are going to work, because I want one)

... in for 1 litho ...

[ 04-30-2003, 10:15 AM: Message edited by: GirlWithAFocus ]

#22 ·
Ok, the main car will not be a Sedan, but I willput a Sedan (with mods) up front somewhere, so that one will have a prominent position for all of you Sedan owners.

If you guys want to send me a couple of high quality pics (at a couple of different angles) to Matg0099@aol.com (those are zeros) then I will take one to the artist with the pics of the other Foci and make sure that a sedan is in a good spot for you.

No, these are not going to be listed on eBay right now, maybe in the weeks to come. The Focus Lithographs are going to be strictly used for axOn's wifes medical bills, and the first few hundred will go to focaljet members who donate to axOn.

Please go ahead and paypal axOn, when I list that the Lithos are ready (in just over 2 weeks) at that time, all of you who have made donations can email your paypal receipt and mailing address to me.

If you prefer to wait and see what the finished product looks like, that will be fine as well.

#23 ·
Im definitely in. Can somebody please PM me with axOn's paypal id so I can send out the payment.

Im pretty new to FJ so I dont really know any of you guys very well, but I think its great that a community of for the most part strangers is willing to help when a member is in need.

#24 ·
Originally posted by aha:
Can we just have regular focus platform please ? Simply stock zx3, zx5, sedan and wagon. I like the black and white lay out

=dRe=
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I totally agree with this. This is a focus enthusiast site...you can't forget about the wagon and the zx5. You want to put a saleen focus up there, but Saleen isn't a sponsor of this site...why should we advertise for them...especially with the FJ logo on the print.

I would like to see a print with all of the focus models out, an SVT (which can be the zx3), a sedan, a wagon, a zx5 and the RS (that would be hella sweet!). I think that more would sell this way....my .02.

-Phil

#25 ·
Makes sense about Saleen. Focaljet reference perhaps should be via a rendering of the sticker on the back quarterpanel window of the ZX3.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.