Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
just installed em on my 17x7 st200 rims the fuzion brand is a bridgestone company. have only had these tires on for less than a week now, and only about 100 miles driven. so far i like them though and seem to have decent grip. look good on the rim too and have a nice rim guard bead to offer some curb protection.

i will know more when i have more miles, but so far, so good. and they are priced nicely compared to other tires in the same category (ultra high performance summer)

·
Registered
766 Posts
I have these right now. Don't use them anymore since I went back to stock and use my 17's a back up. They are a nice low budget tire. Performance wise, I can't really tell you since I don't auto-x (or atleast haven't YET). I have driven it hard enough to loose a some grip on the back twisty roads, atleast enough to wish I had a higher performance tire. Treadware seems to be OK, but like I said, they're not on the car right now and haven't been for the last 4 months.

·
Registered
71 Posts
I would definitely recommend the ZRI's since they're z-rated and are a stickier tire. For the $80-90 price range they fall in-you'd be hard pressed to find a much better tire. Like it has been said before, they are a bridgestone tire and not some fly-by-night tire company, so they tend to be a quality tire. Do some research on tire rack and make your own decision.

·
Registered
175 Posts
I dont think the person in that thread that got them pushes their car very hard... I just got HRI's in 215/45/17 and they are pretty bad. Overall they are good, until you try to carry any kind of speed into a turn, then the sidewalls roll over like none other!

See my thread I just made for more info, but I am questioning on trying the zri's or if I should try somthing else.

·
Registered
44 Posts
hri = grandpa version zri= sporty version... and the zri's rock i love them i have very rarely lost traction and i got them for 71$ a tire had them for 2 summers on my summer rims and i drive spirited and a lot of highway also and they are still at about 45% tread i enjoy them and plan on getting another set

·
Registered
175 Posts
I really liked the look of the HRI's tread (deeper, more beefy looking tread blocks) and the fact that it was supposedly a decent all season with good summer characteristics. If the zri's are cheap enough (should be the same price, I think possibly less) I might just swap for those...

·
Registered
1,070 Posts
i think the zri is slightly more than the hri, but the difference is something like 5-10 per tire more. i won't know more about how my zri's handle at the limit until i autocross (possibly this weekend, but will find uot for sure at jetfest)

i don't push them on public roads very hard, trying to change my driving habits to be a "good" driver (no ticket)

but so far, i have turned a few sharply and i like what i got, i was coming from 215/45/17 continental extreme contacts on the 17's and i was temporarily driving on pirelli pzero nero m+s on stock 16's (the tires on those were lower profile than stock)

·
Registered
2,610 Posts
ive had my zri's since november and theyve been great so far especially in the rain. still got more tread left than i thought i would by now too. running a 205/50/16

1 - 11 of 11 Posts