Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
thank you for the feedback on the diablo no with that installed im looking to find out what is going on inside thinking about g-tech that plugs into the ciggarette lighter anyone out there with some experience with this product????

·
Registered
561 Posts
I have heard that it is crap. A friend used it and the results were not accurate. Maybe someone else has heard different. You could go to a local drag strip (if you have one) they usually have test and tune nights and you could see what kind of performance your car has.

Mike

·
Registered
561 Posts
where in mayland do you live? And welcome to focaljet.

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Originally posted by Mahtipsey:
I have heard that it is crap. A friend used it and the results were not accurate. Maybe someone else has heard different. You could go to a local drag strip (if you have one) they usually have test and tune nights and you could see what kind of performance your car has.

Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I can never understand how a G-tech can get called "crap". It is a solid-state accelerometer. It is by definition coldly, and perfectly accurate in and of itself. If your testing protocol is consistent, it is a fine tool for testing changes. It is a different testing method than a properly equipped quarter mile track, but no less helpful, *when used correctly* to evaluate performance.

·
Registered
668 Posts
As long as you know how much your car weighs at that point in time(ex. your sitting in it, or you remved a few pounds) you can come up with some pretty accurate numbers.

·
Registered
3,248 Posts
I have one and love it

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by derf:
As long as you know how much your car weighs at that point in time(ex. your sitting in it, or you remved a few pounds) you can come up with some pretty accurate numbers.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You don't even need to know your car's weight unless you are looking for a horsepower number.

I find the 0-60 and quarter mile times to be very consistent.

I once had a string of FOUR 8.7 second 0-60 runs in a row with my non-turbo Omni... after some engine tweaks I pulled three 8.5 second 0-60 runs.... Seems plenty consistent to me!

Would these numbers vary from a fifth wheel device? Probably, but the change would have been the same, which is what I was really looking for.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
i feal it is vary acurate if you use it the same way every time. i have one that i would like to sell. i want to upgrade from g-tech to g-tec pro or whatever the name is. pm me if you are interested

·
Registered
302 Posts
I have never owned one, but it seems they have a reputation for being pretty consistent and fairly accurate. The thing that bothers me is if I look on eBay, there are a ton of them that have only been used once or twice. I figure a person has to be really in to tuning and tinkering with the car and with testing religiously it to make good use of the G-tec. Others will use it as a toy, get tired of it quickly and it ends up being junk. You have to ask yourself are you really that serious about it.

·
Registered
518 Posts
Originally posted by Mahtipsey:
I have heard that it is crap.
Mike
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">You've heard wrong. It's a really neat tool IF used correctly. The directions are straight forward & simple to follow. But as with everything, some people can't even operate a TV remote. These would be the people that describe it as being "crap".

·
Registered
2,949 Posts
Originally posted by Giraffe_hauler:
I figure a person has to be really in to tuning and tinkering with the car and with testing religiously it to make good use of the G-tec. Others will use it as a toy, get tired of it quickly and it ends up being junk. You have to ask yourself are you really that serious about it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great points BTW.....I got one as a gift a couple years back, and I really have no idea where it is right now

·
Don't Call Me Gaga!
30,267 Posts
Originally posted by ZXmurph:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by Giraffe_hauler:
I figure a person has to be really in to tuning and tinkering with the car and with testing religiously it to make good use of the G-tec. Others will use it as a toy, get tired of it quickly and it ends up being junk. You have to ask yourself are you really that serious about it.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Great points BTW.....I got one as a gift a couple years back, and I really have no idea where it is right now
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Totally... I had a lot of fun with it at first.. I just found mine a couple days ago in a box of old Omni parts.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have the G-tech Pro Competition. It is AWSOME. I bought one of the first ones released, so it didn't have all of the advertised functionality like 0-60, braking, and some other stuff, but they recently posted an update on the website to include all of the other functions. This thing is soo cool. You can update it online, and download runs from the G-tech onto your computer. Plus it has 3 accelerometers instead of one like the original had so it is far more accurate. Well worth the price.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts