Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How's the XR coming along? I just got a set of ARP head studs for the 2.3, as well as a better HG. No problems yet, but I sure want to be ready when I scatter the HG with too much boost. Never did get you the pics. What's your e-mail again?

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
I am still fixing all the previous owners mistakes. This guy was a real idiot when it comes to this stuff. The issue I am having right now is the guy put 2 paper gaskets down for a valve cover gasket. As you know its not exactly the easiest thing to change.

I have....changed the belts, switched to an Esslinger Cam Gear, changed the alternator, re-wired the fan, fluids, etc.

I need to get that valve cover gasket changed back to the rubber one ASAP before I can really start getting into this car. Oil is leaking down the front of the block...which we originally thought was coming from the oil pan. But last weekend I found that my brand new cam gear was wet with oil...grrrrrrrrrrr!

·
Not Special Enough
10,540 Posts
cam seal.

isnt there an MLS gasket for the XR4Ti?

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Make sure you get the gasket for the Ranger. it has reinforcement grommets in it so it can't be overtorqued. Ford and NAPA carry that type and it is the only way to go. I have the NAPA one and no leaks yet.

I still haven't had mine out much. I decided once the van is paid off (it is now) that I was going to drop the full coverage on the van and add the TC. It won't make a difference in the cost, but I'll be able to drive the TC on the streets and eat lots of rice. Car looks like crap, runs like a bat outta Hades.

·
Tarderatoraka: Red-SE-00'
7,592 Posts
Yeah...the gasket I have has the metal grommets so I wont overtorque it.

I havent really had mine out at all. I need to have the tires rotated and balanced so bad its retarded. lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts