Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I finally went to the dyno again...background:both my old dyno and new dyno are show in the graph-

Dyno Run 006: 126.2whp & 119ft/lbs tq Mods: FC TB, Iceman/Cool Flo Intake, AFX UDP, FC water pump pulley, Ford Racing Cam Gears, STR Fuel Rail, Crower Stage II Cams, Custom (Ghetto crushed bent 2.5in pipe) exhaust, FS Spark Plug Wires.

Dyno Run 007: 140whp & 128ft/lbs tq Everything listed above, but added Auto Double Platz spark plugs, Focussport Race Header, Focussport Flex Pipe, Bosal Cat Back exhaust...thats it..

Look at the major diff in the a/f ratio!!!these curves are really smooth and I am very happy! This is NO TUNING what so ever..just 3 base pulls with new exhaust mods.. I have NO chip, stock MAFS,NO headwork at all.. I will be adding an early bored/ported 2000 intake manifold and doing one run with it before tunning to see it the theory is right..and if it is I will be at about 145whp just by adding it..then I will add the pro-flow 70mmMAFS..make a dyno pull and see what that adds....

I will easily pass 150whp NA with NO headwork and NO chip...so come next year I will be ready for heavy head/tranny work..but 155whp will keep me excited untill then...

·
Registered
1,488 Posts
That's weird! I have pretty much everything you have except cams and I got 126.8 hp and 131.4 tq.

·
Registered
4,803 Posts
Damn you were LEAN AS HELL before. Nice numbers though!!!

·
is THE most interesting man in the world!
3,514 Posts

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Originally posted by airforcefocus:
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Thanks again for installing my header chris!! boyyy what a difference!! You have a PM!

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Also the CEL was on...in case there was any doubt if the O2 CEL affects performance..

·
Registered
433 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:

I will easily pass 150whp NA with NO headwork and NO chip...so come next year I will be ready for heavy head/tranny work..but 155whp will keep me excited untill then...
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nice...

....but...

i don't really want to rain on your parade....you will be very hard pressed to get 150..let alone 155 without a chip or headwork..

i have 141/133 and i DON'T have the FC TB, WP pulley, fuel rail, flexpipe [stock], or ice-man [only cool-flo]

[ 10-21-2002, 02:22 PM: Message edited by: FocusedOne ]

·
I change diapers now
14,444 Posts
Kickass whp numbers there Vince!

Your wtq is down, but that's most likely because you have the untuned cams, right?

Again, great lookin numbers!

Originally posted by doogie78:
That's weird! I have pretty much everything you have except cams and I got 126.8 hp and 131.4 tq.
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I don't understand, why is that weird?

- Drew

·
Registered
8,272 Posts
WTF? Why were you so damn lean before??????????

Thats pretty weird man, in the 15/16's up to 4500rpm, thats insane, any idea as to why??

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Originally posted by FocusedOne:
</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">nice...

....but...

i don't really want to rain on your parade....you will be very hard pressed to get 150..let alone 155 without a chip or headwork..

i have 141/133 and i DON'T have the FC TB, WP pulley, fuel rail, flexpipe [stock], or ice-man [only cool-flo]
</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">ohh it will happen easily my friend.... remember Carizme hit 147whp with the same mods I have, but he had a chip...the chip is all a mind game...
He didnt have a MAFS...I will have a MAFS and a nice ported early 2000 intake manifold...that will bring me to about 147whp with no tuning..then play with the gears a little bammm Im over 150whp..

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Originally posted by nazthug:
WTF? Why were you so damn lean before??????????

Thats pretty weird man, in the 15/16's up to 4500rpm, thats insane, any idea as to why??
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">I have no cluee man!! Im thinking maybe the fuel rail had something to do with it?? having cams with no header??
Im really not sure but it was crazy lean!

·
Registered
433 Posts
Originally posted by FocusOnMyZeTec:
ohh it will happen easily my friend.... remember Carizme hit 147whp with the same mods I have, but he had a chip...the chip is all a mind game...
He didnt have a MAFS...I will have a MAFS and a nice ported early 2000 intake manifold...that will bring me to about 147whp with no tuning..then play with the gears a little bammm Im over 150whp..
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">MAYBE YOU DIDN'T GET WHAT I SAID..

I STILL SAY GOOD LUCK..

·
Registered
242 Posts
Any chance of me getting to 140whp with the same equipment, including the ported manifold and chip, but with the exception of a FS street header and high-flow cat? Thanks.

- Matt

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Originally posted by focus_rs:
Any chance of me getting to 140whp with the same equipment, including the ported manifold and chip, but with the exception of a FS street header and high-flow cat? Thanks.

- Matt
<font size="2" face="Verdana, Arial">easily...its been done by many ppl...naz hit 141whp with your setup..the fs shorty and random tech with bosal....so yea its possible

1 - 16 of 16 Posts