Ford Focus Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
what kinda gains would u get out of a ported TB if any??

·
Registered
5,580 Posts
every1 is so focus'd (no pun) on gains, i want the most gain here, there peak hp peak hp...gotta get outta that stuff.

power gain isnt enuff to be discernable. however its worth is in ability to cure the anemic throttle response of the stock TB in stock form. good enuff for the postal worker, sedan service, and mildred and merrill goin out to church...but not for us.

-Ult

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ult your always there for me,,lol,,,,i meant to through usability in there too,,,had a brain fart and forgot

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
every1 is so focus'd (no pun) on gains, i want the most gain here, there peak hp peak hp...gotta get outta that stuff.

power gain isnt enuff to be discernable. however its worth is in ability to cure the anemic throttle response of the stock TB in stock form. good enuff for the postal worker, sedan service, and mildred and merrill goin out to church...but not for us.

-Ult
for the first time in a longg time Ult has said something that makes sense...
just teasing the guy btw....

anywho..yes I see to much of this how much will I gain, gain, gain, gain...bagghhh!! Dyno numbers are awsome and all and do give very good insight on to what mods are actually doing in terms in performance, but remember the #'s alone dont make the car..drivability should always be put before numbers... A chip will give you 0HP gain..ohh ok cross that off the list..WRONG...the chip is by far the best mod I had done..driving was soo freakin smooth it wasnt even funny.and I did actually dyno it and gained 0 and actually lost 1hp on one run...but I didnt care cuz it drived bitchin!! The ported TB will get you by for a long timee..then once you start heavily modding it must be replaced with a larger aftermarket one as it becomes a restriction...this is way down the road though.

·
Banned
17,312 Posts
It's ALL Throttle-Response/Low-End Gain.
There's not much to be had Up Top.
The "Boring" removes the Restrictions which are in place at partial throttle.
At WOT, the final Diameter is a MUCH Smaller Difference, Percentage wise, than the Difference at Part-throttle.

·
Registered
729 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
sounds good,,,,,im just broke and want to work on my car,,,so im lookin for almost any free mod i can get...lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts